my V-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > my V-8

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-14-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
RPjeepster24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

my V-8

I figures that my question could get answered in this forum because you guys tend to have a greater % of V-8's in your rides, over the yj's or tj's, I have a corveette motor in my yj, its in the garare right now I have all the accesories lie starte altornator intake wireing trans the hole bit, just not a transfer case or a rear end to handle the power, a few Questions

- I was thinking a chevy p235 transfercase to my 700r4 tranny, possible, if so good decision?

-for a rear end I am looking for the same shock and leaf spring mounts, should I look at a old grgand cheerakee's V-8 rear end?
dana 44's? I don't plan on pushing more than 375 hp out of it

-radiator recomendations?

-can I make the stock wiring hook up to my dash, head, and tail lights, or do I need to get something custom, and if so where?

thanks allot, hope you guys can help, I have had an un-operational jeep for 7 months, I live in the middle of california and there are millions of 4x4 places within driving distance screaming in my ear, thanks again!!!

I am the owner of the "Jeepvette," My Life-Long Project is complete-Just in time for it to provide my new bride and I some financial relief, see the awesome video's and pics at my website: http://jeepvette.com/ I plan to get my wife and I a more family friendly Jeep, you'll understand if you go to the site : )
RPjeepster24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2002, 07:10 PM   #2
cjryder

I don't have all the answers but hopefully some food for thought.
Dana 44 works great with a V8 and lots of CJ's came stock that way. Tire size is probably more a factor than HP for ratio. I would go 3:73 or lower.
Painless wiring for a 304 in a CJ will also fit a Chevy motor. Don't know about YJ.
Radiator should be larger (in coolant capacity) because water jacket in a V8 block is greater than the 6's. Also, if the V8 is much shorter than the in-line six, consider a fan shroud that extends back toward engine.
As for yout t-case / tranny mix; check out Advanced adaptors, Novak, and Jeeptech.com. There are lots of mix/match solutions out there.
cjryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.