my V-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > my V-8

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 10-14-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
RPjeepster24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

my V-8

I figures that my question could get answered in this forum because you guys tend to have a greater % of V-8's in your rides, over the yj's or tj's, I have a corveette motor in my yj, its in the garare right now I have all the accesories lie starte altornator intake wireing trans the hole bit, just not a transfer case or a rear end to handle the power, a few Questions

- I was thinking a chevy p235 transfercase to my 700r4 tranny, possible, if so good decision?

-for a rear end I am looking for the same shock and leaf spring mounts, should I look at a old grgand cheerakee's V-8 rear end?
dana 44's? I don't plan on pushing more than 375 hp out of it

-radiator recomendations?

-can I make the stock wiring hook up to my dash, head, and tail lights, or do I need to get something custom, and if so where?

thanks allot, hope you guys can help, I have had an un-operational jeep for 7 months, I live in the middle of california and there are millions of 4x4 places within driving distance screaming in my ear, thanks again!!!

I am the owner of the "Jeepvette," My Life-Long Project is complete-Just in time for it to provide my new bride and I some financial relief, see the awesome video's and pics at my website: http://jeepvette.com/ I plan to get my wife and I a more family friendly Jeep, you'll understand if you go to the site : )
RPjeepster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 07:10 PM   #2
cjryder

I don't have all the answers but hopefully some food for thought.
Dana 44 works great with a V8 and lots of CJ's came stock that way. Tire size is probably more a factor than HP for ratio. I would go 3:73 or lower.
Painless wiring for a 304 in a CJ will also fit a Chevy motor. Don't know about YJ.
Radiator should be larger (in coolant capacity) because water jacket in a V8 block is greater than the 6's. Also, if the V8 is much shorter than the in-line six, consider a fan shroud that extends back toward engine.
As for yout t-case / tranny mix; check out Advanced adaptors, Novak, and Jeeptech.com. There are lots of mix/match solutions out there.
cjryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.