My personal TimeBomb (Jeep) Is making a New Noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My personal TimeBomb (Jeep) Is making a New Noise

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #1
paypwip

My personal TimeBomb (Jeep) Is making a New Noise

OK,

Last time the problem was the choke and now that's fixed (thanks all for the help) but somehow I now have a whining sound coming from the passengerside of the engine compartment that I can't seem to pin down, It's over near the oil filter and distributor area. I have a few hoses that look like they might belong plugged into something that arn't but the Jeep starts and runs just have a high pitched whine/grinding sound. It is not a consistant sound it speeds up/ slows down when accelerating braking etc. Also goes away when turning right and gets worse turning left. Sometimes there is a faint clicking along with it.

Plse help me, She's gonna blow

paypwip

paypwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #2
MudLover

Re: My personal TimeBomb (Jeep) Is making a New Noise

Quote:
Originally posted by paypwip
. It is not a consistant sound it speeds up/ slows down when accelerating braking etc. Also goes away when turning right and gets worse turning left. Sometimes there is a faint clicking along with it.
Just throwing this out there...could it be the power steering pump? It makes sence to me.

Just a thought,
Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2003, 12:16 AM   #3
sixshooter

I agree, it sounds like the power steering oump. The first thing I would do is take the cap off and see if it is low on fluid.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2003, 04:59 AM   #4
PAJeeper

Hmmm I would say that you also have a oil pump in that area. The distrtibutor connects to it
PAJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.