Is my old 85 Laredo Seat worth anything? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is my old 85 Laredo Seat worth anything?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Is my old 85 Laredo Seat worth anything?

I recently switched to Bestop seats. Of my original seats - one is pretty much useless and the other is in poor condition. I am wondering what if anything my one original seat might be worth anything even in poor condition. I've seen some pretty rough seats for sale in the classifieds and on feeBay. Trying to make some cap room for new tires.

CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
texan2
1978 CJ5 

Short answer? No.

I had some I took out of a 1978 CJ5.....went straight in the dumpster.
texan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Jawbox

I'd suggest it might be, especially if it's the bottom that's in bad shape. I'd almost buy one with the intention of replacing just the bottom.
Jawbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

I bought a pair - one in good condition, the other with a torn bottom section, with the intention of replacing the bottom section.

Post up some pictures - that'd help us decide. Also, how's the engine situation working out?
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
I bought a pair - one in good condition, the other with a torn bottom section, with the intention of replacing the bottom section.

Post up some pictures - that'd help us decide. Also, how's the engine situation working out?
Unfortunately I lost my sister shortly after my engine issue happened. Due this my engine issue was put on hold. I have acquired a used motor and am working on the logistics of getting it installed now. The big hold up now is coordinating schedules.
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
JrTjK
1985 CJ7 

Laredo seats are always worth something, even when destroyed, as people can bring them to an upholster to have the pattern recreated.
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrTjK View Post
Laredo seats are always worth something, even when destroyed, as people can bring them to an upholster to have the pattern recreated.
Plus there is a person that makes the Laredo seat covers duplicate of OEM right down to the embossed "purse straps" (the silver stripe section). From all the pictures I've seen of them they are as good or better than the originals but $$$$$.

Now if someone could get the garnet red denim vinyl upholstery recreated we'd be in good shape.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
Plus there is a person that makes the Laredo seat covers duplicate of OEM right down to the embossed "purse straps" (the silver stripe section). From all the pictures I've seen of them they are as good or better than the originals but $$$$$.
Just wanted to add to this thread as I recently replaced my seat bottoms with a pair I bought from CJLaredo on eBay. Yes, they were pricey, but once you see them you can be sure you'll be impressed. The quality, the amount of work that must've gone into them, and how closely they match the originals - I can't believe he doesn't charge more. I installed them myself, though George (CJLaredo) recommends a professional do it, and I was very happy with the results and the cost ($25 in supplies). Here's the end result on the driver seat:

Unread 04-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Here it is. Its a little rough but might be of value for someone. I am going to offer it up for trade in the classifieds for a back seat. Maybe someone out there has an extra.
seat2.jpg   seat1.jpg  
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Definitely worth something - a little brake cleaner for the seat top/back, vinyl treatment afterward, new bottom skin and whoever buys it will be ready to rock and roll!

Here's my original driver seat:

And here they are installed:

Unread 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Those look great. George is definitely a class act.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.