My new project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My new project

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 06-28-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
amaple

My new project

This is my first time in the CJ forum. Hello all.
Yesterday, I bought a '74 CJ-5. The frame, suspension and drivetrain are all just fine, but the body is pretty much all rust. Should I go ahead and get the fiberglass tub, fenders and hood, ($1500) or should I try and find enough salvage to rebuild the body? In addition, is there anything that I should know about towing it?
thanks,
adam.

1974 CJ-5 ** dual Dana 44s ** only 55,000 original miles! ** no mods yet
Adam
amaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2002, 01:42 AM   #2
Hippo393

Go with Glass. Unless you're a pro at welding, the labor to hire one will easily run you the cost of a 4WD Hardware 'glass tub. That is if you don't mind not keeping your Jeep stock.

Congrats on the purchase and hope you spend much fun time on this CJ board!
-alan
Hippo393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2002, 05:43 AM   #3
amaple

thank you very much. I appreciate it.
adam.

1974 CJ-5 ** dual Dana 44s ** only 55,000 original miles! ** no mods yet
Adam
amaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Happypappy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You may also want to look at AJ's fiberglass jeep bodies. Their quality is great and you don't have to add mount kits for soft tops and other items.
'06 Rubicon Unlimited
Happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.