My MT's pick up rocks. Do yours? (pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My MT's pick up rocks. Do yours? (pics)

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-11-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My MT's pick up rocks. Do yours? (pics)

Check out the rock my ProComp MT's picked up. I crawled over this rock that was hidden by a bush in very poor visibility this weekend. I couldn't believe that it wedged this 100 pound boulder in my fender well. It wasn't easy to remove either! Lucky I didn't break a brake line, bend my axle, shred my tire, break a tie rod etc. I just couldn't steer my rig.

What do you think?

Unread 11-11-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

wow

that is definitly something, glad all is ok -- great pics
Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2002, 07:39 AM   #3
onesojourner

man that is crazy. how hard was that thing to get out of there.
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2002, 09:32 AM   #4
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It took 3 of us 15 minutes to get it out of there. We pried with a tire iron with the wheels turned full left while 2 guys rocked the jeep. It dropped about 2 inches after all that work. Then I rocked it back and forth in gear a little and it almost came loose. Then we pried it the rest of the way out with the tire iron. Man was I worried I'd break something.
Unread 11-12-2002, 03:53 PM   #5
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Great pics.

Can't say for sure (I wasn't there), but it looks like deflating the tire would have opened up a lot of space . . . correct me if I'm wrong.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2002, 10:38 PM   #6
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, deflating the tire might have worked. No OBA though. It wouldn't be a problem until I hit the highway. Then I'd have to find a gas station with air. Might be a problem. I'd like to get a CO2 set-up but it will have to wait until I buy a few other things.
Unread 11-13-2002, 11:43 PM   #7
scottahicks

you know they call it rock crawling because YOU are suposed to crawl OVER the ROCKS,,,,,,,, the ROCKS are not supposed to crawl OVER YOU!!!!!!!!!

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2002, 03:41 PM   #8
Rich

Did you try to lift the Jeep from the bumper to let the suspension drop?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2002, 04:31 PM   #9
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nope, didn't think of that.
Unread 11-23-2002, 01:08 AM   #10
Curly

ah maybe I missed something here but I think I would have probablly taken the wheel off.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2002, 07:20 AM   #11
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It was so muddy that my hi-lift kept sinking too deep. I guess I need a longer hi-lift or to carry some wood in the rig.
Unread 11-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #12
Curly

Been there!!! I buried my Hi lift one time in some soft sand. I was wondering way the jeep wasn't going up, lmao. It ended up being more of a project to extract the Jack from the sand than it was to move the jeep.
Hey Jeep Daddy I see you are in Orange county. Have you guys run the Dusy eshrim trail? I am going to try and get a trip going next year with some friends of mine.

Last edited by Curly; 11-23-2002 at 10:33 AM..
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2002, 08:06 PM   #13
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Never run that trail. Is that up near Big Bear? or is that up near Fort Tejon?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.