My CJ7 project... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My CJ7 project...

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
fastang
1982 CJ7 

My CJ7 project...

I recently bought this 86 cj7 from a friend. It's got a yj tub with fiberglass fenders and hood. It's got an amc 360 with a 4-speed tranny I was told out of a yj?? When I got it, it had been sitting for 4-years. The starter was missing as was the radiator. We brought it home threw in a radiator and starter and after a few carb fires it started up and ran like a champ. We got it out and running this past weekend and drove it around on the front driveshaft. The rear one needs to be cut to fit...My brother in law and I are working on it together and he's going to use it for the most part as I already have my yj. But for $1000 bux I couldn't pass it up...

fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Jiffy
1983 CJ7 

That seems like a really good deal. Body loooks good also.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
VACJ5
1991 YJ Wrangler 

looks real good! can't beat all you got for a G! Any plans for it?

BeachMetalWorks Custom CNC cut Jeep parts & more
VACJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

click free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastang View Post
I recently bought this 86 cj7 from a friend. It's got a yj tub with fiberglass fenders and hood. It's got an amc 360 with a 4-speed tranny I was told out of a yj?? When I got it, it had been sitting for 4-years. The starter was missing as was the radiator. We brought it home threw in a radiator and starter and after a few carb fires it started up and ran like a champ. We got it out and running this past weekend and drove it around on the front driveshaft. The rear one needs to be cut to fit...My brother in law and I are working on it together and he's going to use it for the most part as I already have my yj. But for $1000 bux I couldn't pass it up...

Unread 03-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
fastang
1982 CJ7 

It's going to get a good bath this weekend, temps are supposed to be in the 60's... I have a set of 35" thornbirds that are going on it. We are going to flatblack the hood. We just got the new rubber hood spacers in the mail. Now I can mount the front hood clips then dissasemble and paint. Other than the driveshaft and a few odds and ends, it's ready for the road...I forgot to mention that it also has an aftermarket frame, there is zero rust repair to do!!! I'll be adding a set of diamond plate rocker covers that i have that are also going to be painted flat black... I'm looking for the front brackets for a flip and fold seat if anyone has any...
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
Hybrid Jeep
1976 CJ5 

Just out of curiosity.. have you purchased the thornbirds yet? Those tires are terrible offroad and have earned the name "stuckbirds". If you haven't purchased them yet.. please please please get something else!
Hybrid Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
fastang
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Jeep View Post
Just out of curiosity.. have you purchased the thornbirds yet? Those tires are terrible offroad and have earned the name "stuckbirds". If you haven't purchased them yet.. please please please get something else!
I already had them.. I took them off a jeep I had before.... The 33's that are on it now are cooked and new tires aren't in the budget right now... We're keeping an eye out for a good used set of 33x12.5's for it...
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastang View Post
The 33's that are on it now are cooked and new tires aren't in the budget right now... We're keeping an eye out for a good used set of 33x12.5's for it...
You could always go with treadwright.com tires - they have a 2 year warranty. Just throwing that out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
fastang
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
You could always go with treadwright.com tires - they have a 2 year warranty. Just throwing that out there
Thanks for the link..I didn't even know they existed...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.