Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

my bbc cj project

40K views 259 replies 29 participants last post by  kw89425 
#1 ·
ok guys its been awhile. i havent had time to work on the cj but we have gotten started. turns out my frame wasnt in great shape so we mocked up the motor in the old frame and transfered it over to the good frame. i hope the pics work they arent the best. axels are in motor trans and case just need to fab the cross member the put it together or something like that..lol what do you guys think? oh yeah this is the 600hp stroker

pg[/IMG][/IMG]

See less See more
#158 ·
Scooter402 said:
LOL Yeah, no kidding! Just browsed through the pages I missed since I last looked at this thread...wow, nice progress! I can't get the vid to play that you've got of it running, though...I'll have to try again later I guess.
Go to the hardluck garage page on you tube. I have some videos or a buddy has if i can get him to send them to me ill post them. A little mud action

#164 ·
I did that on mine. It's worth the stretch, but unless you want to run degree shims, you have too be careful how long your shackles are, and build some height out of your spring hangers in the front. It will probably lift the front near a couple inches when you do the reversal. Good luck! :thumbsup:

#168 ·
papa355 said:
Don't for get heavy duty shackle mounts, so we can pull ya out of the bottom of the lake ;)
Thats what the 1/2" plate is for i still have to make the holes then ill round the corners. I tried to email you back but its full and wont let me delete any off with the phone. We built my buddy the same motor with a 292 comp cam for his yj sounds and runs good

#169 ·
You mean the same engine as my 355, or the 355 you built? (vortec headed?)
I'm gonna take swatson454's advice and swap out my Melling cam, before I put it in anything else. Probably be a comp or lunatti. I want more low end off idle torque, not worry so much about the high rpm. In the Camaro we were in a foot brake class, leaving off a stock convertor. It still launched about 1800-1900. Don't need that in the CJ.

#170 ·
I need to take some pics of the bumper I'm gonna build. I had some tread plate bent for my rockers, but he bent the first set wrong. So he gave me all of them free of charge (the right ones and the wrong ones). I'm gonnna use a left over peice of 2x4 tubing and lay the treadplate on, like a step bumper. Box it in nice, put on the shackle mounts,to help get ya out of that lake ;)

#172 ·
What intake and carb does he run?

I have several Holleys to choose from, 600, a couple 650's, a 750 double pump, 600 or 650? spread bore(forget on that one). a couple edelbrocks (but I hear they suck for off road). Even have a quadrajet (unsure what size that is).

#181 ·
that's what I been hearing, probably gonna leave two barrel on it for now. Maybe swap over this winter, I have the edelbrock intake already and an adapter for the q-jet.

If your good with Q-Jets maybe I could just pay you to rebuild it for me? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.