My 83 CJ5 What's it worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My 83 CJ5 What's it worth?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-14-2002, 07:50 AM   #1
jeepgirl83

My 83 CJ5 What's it worth?

I posted a request a few weeks ago and I received a couple of reply's telling me to post pictures. A family member is borrowing my jeep right now, so it took me a while to get some digital pix to post. I am not sure I am ready to sell yet, but really want to know what I have and is it worth anything. It is an 83 cj5 with a 258 inline 6, 4 speed transmission. It is basically stock. The only thing I am not sure about are the seats. When I got the jeep the seats were in very poor condition. I went to a junkyard and they sold me 2 CJ seats. I think these probably came out of a newer CJ 7(?) because I think they sit a little high. Other than that, no other modifications have been made. The hood has some surface rust. There are a few small rust places that have rusted through the metal, but no larger than a quarter. The engine was rebuilt about 1 1/2 years ago. It sat for about a year - I only started it up and ran it around my yard. It has less than 1000 miles on it right now, but is currently being driven. You can see some pictures at: http://www.geocities.com/gatorgirlde...eepgirl83.html
I have a few more pictures, so email me if you need more.

jeepgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 03:55 PM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Stumped

It's so hard to say. Time of year and location play big parts in the price you could ask.

I would not expect more than $2,500 give or take, assuming the frame is good and everything works as it should.

I could be way off, but I wanted to give you some feedback, as no one else has posted.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #3
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

hard to tell without crawling underneath and checking the frame and body mounts, gas tank, etc. but I would have to agree with the previous post that 2500 sounds about right. I paid 1500 for a 76 with a solid frame but bad body. It had the 8 in it and not the 6.

You should see what the Jeeps are goign for in the local papers around your place and up on EBAY with the similar setups. Take into account body damage etc. and you can make an educated guess.

cb
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.