My 76 CJ7 Project - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My 76 CJ7 Project

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #61
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Same color Krylon flat desert tan but had it color matched to a ppg paint with flatner installed, so will be semigloss desert tan. hood is done looks really nice not too shiny but holds up way better than the krylon and bugs don't stick to it and stain it.

Unread 09-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #62
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08ert209cali View Post

Same color Krylon flat desert tan but had it color matched to a ppg paint with flatner installed, so will be semigloss desert tan. hood is done looks really nice not too shiny but holds up way better than the krylon and bugs don't stick to it and stain it.
That'll look good!

Looking forward to seeing some "after" pics!

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #63
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Cool.... just a suggestion, but you might look into the Gillespie... thats what i am using. Its military grade and seems pretty durable.

here is a link...

http://www.rapcoparts.com/index.html

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #64
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Liner looks great. I like your color choice on the outside of the tub too.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #65
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Started tube fenders today. Click pics to enlarge.

Unread 09-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #66
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Also you can see the paint color I am going with on the hood as it is finished.

Have not decided if I want a flare on the fenders yet.
Unread 11-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #67
andy_mitch92
1977 CJ7 

From the dead... kinda...

Love that kaki color. My dad talked me out of it when we painted my Jeep. Really wish I would have stood my ground. Have to wash my Jeep all the time to keep it looking "nice".

Real question though. What radiator is that? Its huge! Any issues keeping that 360 cool with it and no shroud?

I am having an ongoing overheating issue since I swapped in my 360 from the 258 that was in there. We get summers with temps in the 100's and winters in the single digits depending on the day and I would love to be able to never have to worry about over heating whether its 110 or 20 out. I use to be able to beat on that 258 for hours playing in the snow (mostly getting stuck) and never once got hot on me. I really want to be able to do that with the 360 as well, but it boils over just going down the highway now.

Thanks
andy_mitch92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 02:37 AM   #68
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_mitch92 View Post
From the dead... kinda...

Love that kaki color. My dad talked me out of it when we painted my Jeep. Really wish I would have stood my ground. Have to wash my Jeep all the time to keep it looking "nice".

Real question though. What radiator is that? Its huge! Any issues keeping that 360 cool with it and no shroud?

I am having an ongoing overheating issue since I swapped in my 360 from the 258 that was in there. We get summers with temps in the 100's and winters in the single digits depending on the day and I would love to be able to never have to worry about over heating whether its 110 or 20 out. I use to be able to beat on that 258 for hours playing in the snow (mostly getting stuck) and never once got hot on me. I really want to be able to do that with the 360 as well, but it boils over just going down the highway now.

Thanks
not sure which radiator you mean,I assume the black one that came in the Jeep. It was there when I got it along with a flex fan. I have since changed to an aluminum one I bought online with a factory fan clutch and a six blade fan from a chevy. It gets over 100 here and I have never had any problems with overheating of the engine. Now the tub and driver different story... I get cooked in the summer lol.
Unread 11-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #69
andy_mitch92
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08ert209cali View Post
not sure which radiator you mean,I assume the black one that came in the Jeep. It was there when I got it along with a flex fan. I have since changed to an aluminum one I bought online with a factory fan clutch and a six blade fan from a chevy. It gets over 100 here and I have never had any problems with overheating of the engine. Now the tub and driver different story... I get cooked in the summer lol.
Yeah I meant the black one. It just looked totally different than any stock CJ rad I have seen before. Should have been more specific.

And I hear you on the heat in the summer. Its nice in the evenings, but during the afternoon it frys you.
andy_mitch92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #70
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_mitch92 View Post
Yeah I meant the black one. It just looked totally different than any stock CJ rad I have seen before. Should have been more specific.

And I hear you on the heat in the summer. Its nice in the evenings, but during the afternoon it frys you.
Yeah the black one the po told me he took out of some military Jeep,fact or fiction I don't know but it did not fit well and the flex fan drove me nuts.
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #71
KMD
1976 CJ7 

More progress on the paint finally.

Unread 11-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #72
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Some color...

Now to finish body work on tub corners and cowell then paint those.need to replace tail gate too.
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #73
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Link to paint used, had it color matched to Krylon flat desert tan and the added a flatner to give it a satin sheen.
ppg omni https://buyat.ppg.com/refinishProduc...1-f88df596107c
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #74
calbill

looks good it must be good to work on yours agen
calbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #75
Dmonkey
1976 CJ5 

you forgot to mention your wooden safari roof lol
Dmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
360 , amc , cj7 , jeep , tube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.