My 76 Cj-7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > My 76 Cj-7

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Jr76
1976 CJ7 

Well this is jeep #3 for me. Fist one was a 74 CJ-5 with a 401, Second one was a 2000 Sport with Rubicon running gear and 33s.

I picked up this 76 for a fair price, plan on driving it for 2 years or so then ripping it apart.

Its sporting a bone stock 304 with all the Cali smog crap, spring over on some kind of aftermarket long springs sporting some old 35s. 30/20 with 4.11, lockers of an unknown type and aftermarket axels. 300 twin stick and a i think a sm420 truck 4 speed with ultra low fist gear and reverse down and to the left. Ok soft top and soft doors, ok tires. Leaks out of most everything. Fixed a torn motor mount on the drivers side, and checked everything out really well. Im not to happy with how it drives down the freeway at 65 but thats life. PO did an ok job on the spring over, but instead of a drop pitman arm they just bent the rod up at a 45% angel and welded up some dom tube over it.

The 304 runs like poo.

I need to do some work on the 20 out back, axel seals leak and the rear brakes are toast from it. Dont know much about the 20 besides it looks way small back there. Dont know if I need to drop the gears to replace the inner axel seals or if there are only outer seals on the 20.

But I am working out of town for the next 2 years, so my fixes will be in the trailer park where they are really not that happy with jeep parts all over. I am in NorCal so the weather should be nice here in a month or so. And the jeep has little to no rust ! the body is straight ! and it runs !

Last edited by Jr76; 03-23-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Jr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Jr76
1976 CJ7 

This will be a mall cruzer/ logging road runner, not a hard core rock rig or mudder. I cant affort that crap no more.
Used for fishing the high lakes, some camping and snow runs when I get back north.
Jr76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.