Is my 1978 CJ Blue interior considered rare? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is my 1978 CJ Blue interior considered rare?

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 04-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #31
L78THUMPER
2007 MK Compass 

Pathkiller, I'am done with this it's an opinion and I don't like that you do it all the time your opinions may be valid but guess what thats your opinion and we have ours! so lets be done with this I think we need to end this and I will quit now. and soooory abouttt myyyy spellling.

L78THUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #32
markso125
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78THUMPER View Post
I agree but give the guys props when they have something extra neet not oh just a sticker
So what exactly is extra neat? a little gold plaque on a dash? The bragging rights I get for having number 203 of a limited edition?

My jamboree came off the line mechanically the same as about every other similarly optioned CJ7 in 82. It had the 4.2 with a T5 and a Dana 300. The gears are 3.31 with a Trac Loc in the rear.

The real differences to the rest of the CJ's in 82 was dependant on what Jamboree color you got, either you ended up with Topaz Gold Metallic paint (like mine has) or the standard Olympic White. Interior wise they were all black interiors with gold striping on the seats, and a little gold plaque on the dash indication what number it is.
So add that with the spare tire cover and the couple extra stickers plus the options of chrome bumpers, rims, bumperettes, and a ramsey winch...(the optional items that you could get were available to all jeeps also)

Sad to say we arent talking about LS1 vettes or Boss mustangs that were race prepped cars sold off the showroom floors with exotic engines filling the engine bays. These were average jeeps with an appearence package added. take the body off of mine and it looks just like all the rest of them....

The only really neat part about them is they are 25+ year old vehicles that you dont get to see much anymore and they are just downright fun.
markso125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #33
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Pathkiller, I'am done with this it's an opinion and I don't like that you do it all the time your opinions may be valid but guess what thats your opinion and we have ours! so lets be done with this I think we need to end this and I will quit now. and soooory abouttt myyyy spellling.
You have trouble distinguishing opinion from fact. I have stated the facts, you have stated your opinion, which differs from the facts. There is no arguing to be done. Either prove your opinions or admit that they differ from the facts.
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #34
L78THUMPER
2007 MK Compass 

SORRY PATHKILLER JUST BECAUSE JEEP DID NOT PUT THERE OPTIONS IN THE VIN DOSEN'T MAKE MAKE YOU RIGHT j
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
L78THUMPER
2007 MK Compass 

No pathkiller I just know If I dont have something nice to say about someons jeep i know not to say anything at all
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #36
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
SORRY PATHKILLER JUST BECAUSE JEEP DID NOT PUT THERE OPTIONS IN THE VIN DOSEN'T MAKE MAKE YOU RIGHT j
That's some mind-boggling logic, right there. Just because I'm right doesn't mean I'm right?
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #37
L78THUMPER
2007 MK Compass 

And markso YES the plaque is neat
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #38
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
No pathkiller I just know If I dont have something nice to say about someons jeep i know not to say anything at all
Now that's just childish petulance. You expect to be praised because your Jeep has stickers on it? By that logic you should be bowing at the feet of my Scrambler Laredo, which is truly a rare and "really neet" [sic] Jeep. But I'm not asking you to do that and honestly couldn't care less whether you say nice things about my Jeep or not. Every Jeep is unique and interesting, not just the ones with gaudy stickers of screaming chickens on the hood.
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #39
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

You guys know what was rare? VEX. Now that was a rare Jeep. One of a kind.

walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #40
L78THUMPER
2007 MK Compass 

Looks like a jeep to me just a little longer as you would say and anytime you want to take you jeep 4 wheeling let me know ill go with you
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #41
markso125
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Looks like a jeep to me just a little longer as you would say and anytime you want to take you jeep 4 wheeling let me know ill go with you
Apparently you dont know about VEX... Vex can ford raging mud puddles, and has crossed the sahara (little sahara parking lot in vegas) in mere minuites and has 100 caterpillars, and batteries...or were they caterpillar batteries.. in the back. With model airplane lights that can shine a beam for a distance of 5feet mounted all over on the rear of the jeep. And the owner who is an artist has to paint nasa all over it to promote his self worth.... Man your missing out
markso125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #42
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
You guys know what was rare? VEX. Now that was a rare Jeep. One of a kind.

I was wondering when someone would mention "vex".

Climbs solid rock face with snow chains, while pulling 66,000lb cement trucks and 52' school buses filled with orphans out of ditches....now that's rare!

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #43
L78THUMPER
2007 MK Compass 

Sorry Markso I was talking about Pathkillers CJ8
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #44
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

Personally, I am impressed when I see a clean laredo or especially a golden eagle. Whether it came from the factory like that or not is of no matter to me. Maybe I am ignorant or easily impressed. If I had money to blow I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #45
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

By the way, I have seen clean CJ's with no special designation or stickers go for 12k.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.