Mud Bogging Illegal In BC. Serious? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mud Bogging Illegal In BC. Serious?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
davegt
1983 CJ5 

Bahaha...seriously though the new side by side s like the rangers are about the same size..

davegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
scottg73
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegt View Post
A lot of these machines are the same size as my Jeep..
You'll think that until you hit some bottomless mud hole that 4 wheelers just drove right over.
scottg73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #18
Christianofojai
2000 WJ 

Mudding is not everyone's cup of tea. Some people don't understand why people like to float on a bored in the ocean or drive fast in a oval. Butt surfing and NASCAR is popular. You need to have rationality in mudding. Don't do it in a medo. Do it where it won't hurt anything. Some of these laws are stooped. I got a ticket for mudding in a file with garbage all over in the middle of a industrial naberhood. What damage is that causing.
Christianofojai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #19
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Hey, my Prius is muddier than my Jeep right now.....
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #20
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I used to be the type to say eff it lets wheel regardless one when, where and what it did. I now completely understand why there is a tread lightly way of wheeling and I abide by it. Especially when it comes to mud/streams. wheeling on rocks doesnt really harm anything.
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #21
teh603
1963 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSInc View Post
Screwing around in mud ON a trail that you are allowed to be on, no problem. It's called trail mud for a reason. Tearing through a alpine glassland, cutting trees down and leaking oil all over the place to go "boggin", problem. It's pretty simple. There's plenty of other beautiful places and things to see in the Okanagan off road then the postil mud pits.
Same problem we're having in Texas with ATVs destroying pastureland and crops. There are trails, and then there's people who just start destroying things. Trail cameras and that aren't always much help either, especially when the ATV crowd can pick a different area to destroy every time.

Quote:
Personally, I think they should of left the pits open to the public seeing as the swamps were already destroyed at that point. put up a gate and charge $5 a truck. easy government money. But they decided to charge everyone and shut it down. "muddin"'s Not my thing, but they had a place established. We have an angry public already, and they have a very poor outlook on us as is. Don't make it any worse and get us all kicked out of the woods
There seem to be two kinds of environmentalists, the "we need to find some way to manage this" kind and the "ZOMG ALL HUMANS MUST LEAVE/DIE!" kind. Guess which one tends to be louder and thus get its agenda pushed through?
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
markso125
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Bahaha...seriously though the new side by side s like the rangers are about the same size..
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottg73 View Post
Quote:
A lot of these machines are the same size as my Jeep..
You'll think that until you hit some bottomless mud hole that 4 wheelers just drove right over.
The 4 seat polaris razers are actually longer then the cj7's but they are 8 inches narrower, that is untill you put the wide track kit on it then it is potentially bigger then the CJ in all dimensions but height.
markso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
jeepcliffband
1977 CJ5 

WAIT?!?! "Crown Land"?!?! Didn't Canada gain their independence from England?...

JK. I can be an a**

On a serious note, we can fit into two groups: On one hand we can ignore posted laws and restrictions on Gov land and open ourselves to fines and legal trouble, as well as exacerbate the attitudes of the public and therefore the legislators that are forefront in closing more land that can be accessed.

Or, we can obey posted closures and stay on the trails. Be law abiding citizens and lead by example sort of thing. Infiltrate local, state, and Federal government with Jeep enthusiasts so as to preserve the rights to keep open space open. We are a Republic after all....

Doesn't really apply to Canada sorry to say. Being governed as a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy with Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state doesn't leave much room to work the system..... or break the law wheeling.

I just watched a clip of "trailer park boys" and it explained everything.

Hailing from Boulder, Colorado aka: Hippieville (next to parts of nor Cal of course)
jeepcliffband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcliffband View Post
Hailing from Boulder, Colorado aka: Hippieville (next to parts of nor Cal of course)
Good laugh there - Boulder, where the elk are family and the cyclists are worth 50pts, 100 if they're wearing spandex.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #25
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
Good laugh there - Boulder, where the elk are family and the cyclists are worth 50pts, 100 if they're wearing spandex.
100pts!?!?!

I came close to a few on 82 last summer. If only I knew they were 100 pts...
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #26
jeepcliffband
1977 CJ5 

I think you get double points and a one up if you hit one that's a transplant from California or the northeast... which most are.
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #27
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
or the northeast...
Watch it. Some of us are natives by choice, not birth. Even had to sign a document way back when to say we held our allegiance, just to get resident tuition.

CU sucks, by the way, and CSU is going to prove that on the ice tonight just like they did on the field back in September.
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
jeepcliffband
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Watch it. Some of us are natives by choice, not birth. Even had to sign a document way back when to say we held our allegiance, just to get resident tuition.

CU sucks, by the way, and CSU is going to prove that on the ice tonight just like they did on the field back in September.
uhhhhh-ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! looks like that arrow made it through the castle wall! Gotta give you credit for living close to Ft Collins tho. Loveland used to be the town that you'd miss blinking heading up to Ft Collins to go cruzin. I'm not a born native either really... graced this earth down in White sands NM.

Yeah CSU is great, if you want to hang out with farm animals the rest of your life.... or study weather. CU on the other hand... Oh, you're talking about the sports program! Well we won't talk about basketball for your sake, but it was sad to see Sonny leave the football field. What a worthy adversary. Whats really sad is the only good person in CU football (Brian Cabral) is leaving to Indiana. However, now CU is going to be recruiting new talent from Texas, so we might not suck for too much longer.

Im just sayin that without the college and all the youngsters from elsewhere taking advantage of the scenery while they figure out whats really going on in the world, people in Boulder would prob be eating more corn than granola... well, I like both.

Not to get sidetracked tho from the OP. BC is great! one of the most scenic and beautiful places I've been in North America! Easy to understand why the penalty for breaking the law is so harsh. How lucky you are to live there and get to wheel.
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Yeah CSU is great, if you want to hang out with farm animals the rest of your life
The women ain't that bad
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #30
jeepcliffband
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
The women ain't that bad
We keep getting older and they stay the same age. Allllllright.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.