Msd wiring help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Msd wiring help

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 05-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
pecos
1986 CJ7 

Msd wiring help

Installed msd 6a. And crt performance juice box. Engine fires up fine but getting run on. I connected lg red wire directly to batt. And for the small red switched wire i used the harness supplied by summit with diode already attached. Im stumped, where could ignition be getting power.

pecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

The diode should be in the circuit from the alternator to the warning lamp in the dash. My year it's the small brown wire attached to the Delco 10SI alternator at terminal 1. If the diode is inserted backwards, it's the same as not being there.
Unread 05-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
pecos
1986 CJ7 

This is the harness used..http://m.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850520

My understanding was this has the diode installed, so the diode at alternator would not be needed.
pecos is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.