moving to Florida - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > moving to Florida

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
gwjeeps
1984 CJ7 

moving to Florida

Well im moving to florida in a few weeks and wanted to know if there any good trails down in the Tampa area and if people have any clubs down there. I know that I am leaving my high desert rock krawling but still would like to jeep do some jeeping.
Also after the 3000 mile trip my Jeep is gonna need some new tires. I am pretty sure that I am going to need to trade in the 33x12.50 BFG all terrains for a mud terrain, what are people running down there.

Unread 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Welcome South, Brother!

I can only assume you are moving to Tampa for business reasons? It is a crowded, busy city. I can't say much about wheeling areas down there (not from there), but there is some fabulous fishing nearby and some great beaches. It could be a new hobby is on the horizon.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
gwjeeps
1984 CJ7 

Nope not business, my wife hates snow and her sister lives down there.
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Oh nooooooooooooo your moving to Florida; oh man am I sorry it so hot and humid down there!
There is a guy on this forum that lives down there and I promise not to mention Skerr's name here.
But it seems that the heat makes every thing move at the speed of very cold molasses!
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

I live in tampa. The trails are not in town but are close enough. We have a club, tricounty jeepers. Family oriented but still lively. We go to jeep beach and a lot of other events together. Check out the web page Tricountyjeepers.com. Welcome!
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Definitely hook up with the Tri-county guys, great group to wheel with. Most of your better wheeling will be over an hour away from you in tampa in Ocala, but they're well worth the trip. Enjoy it, I'm ready to get back down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
capt205
1983 CJ7 

I joined Tri-County earlier this year...my friend Woody is a member. Haven't had a chance to wheel with them, but I keep up with them on FB and their website. Did meet a few of them at 4 Wheel Parts grand reopening. Nice group of Jeepers, and looking forward to getting out with them.

I live in the New Tampa area.
capt205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

Thanks for the nice words guys. Holy crap are we about to bust out a campfire and acoustic kuum by yah?
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
gwjeeps
1984 CJ7 

I check out there website. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys for the replys.
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
AcidLamp
1984 CJ7 

Florida Native checking in. A few things to remember: Humidity is a nightmare down here, it gets into everything. If you run a sealed jeep, check your weatherstripping, and rubber and replace as necessary. The sun will also bake your plastics and rubbers quickly here so regular maintenance of those parts is important. Likewise if your rig is also your DD you ought to look into an AC if you don't have one. Florida summers have been longer the last few years, and cooler weather nearly nonexistent (this week's little cool snap notwithstanding). The combination of humidity, heat and sun intensity combine to create a steam bowl effect that is less than fun on the highways which frequently jam up. Welcome to the sunshine state, I'll tag you on my way out of it! lol I"m headed for the rockies in a few months.
AcidLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjeeps
I check out there website. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys for the replys.
Thanks gw. Pm me and let me know when you'll be coming in. I can let you know what is coming up for us. I know a bunch of is are already booked for jeep beach 2014 at the Daytona speedway. Awesome event if you haven't heard of it. Google and get registered soon the host resort sold out in 3 hours after they were announced.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.