Motor Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Motor Swap

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 08-09-2002, 08:20 PM   #1
antman

Motor Swap

Ok, I am doing a complete rebuild. Now, the 304 I have needs rebuild. I plan on using the jeep for a daily driver, off roading would only be to and from the hunting cabin, and the normal utility trails we have on the land.

What late model motors would mount in the 304's place ? I really want fuel injection for all of the obvious reasons, fuel economy, reliability etc. I live in a cold, wet climate 6 months of the year ( Buffalo, NY ). Bolt up to my tranny, and everything.

Do I rebuild the 304, then down the road add the fuel injection kit thats out there ? Any ideas or suggestions ?

The goal here is ease of installation, and of course cost. If I really had my way, I would go diesel hehehe, now that would be cool. I am thuinking the rebuild of the 304 and fuel injuection kit is the way to go for cost and ease of installation.

Anyway, any ideds would be appreciated.

antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #2
CSP

A 4.0 liter is the only late model bolt in swap with fuel injection. You don't want to lose two cylinders in your swap do you? I didn't think so. Personally I would go with a 360 out of a Wagoneer since they are plentiful in the junkyards and relatively cheap. Go 401 if you can find one. Howell fuel injection is the coolest thing I have added to any of my Jeeps (12 and counting so far).
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.