Motor swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Motor swap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Bridgeman
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Motor swap

Hey fellas, I am a wrangler guy so I am not 100%. My father-n-law has a 74 CJ 5 with a 6 cylinder that is shot. He has the chance to buy a 258 from a 76 CJ 7 really cheap that runs great. Will this be a simple motor swap or is there issues with the tranny matching up. I am not sure what tranny is in his jeep or what the 258 was mated to. I do know that they are both three speeds. Thanks for your help.

Bridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

74 should have a T-14.AFIK it SHOULD be a straight swap as far as flywheel/bell housing/clutch linkage/pilot bushing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.