which is most difficult??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > which is most difficult???

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-30-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
OlllllllO JEEP

which is most difficult???

QUESTION: Which will be the most difficult task;
Mounting a new fiberglass tub...or...installing the wiring?

Should i just scrap it and get a Geo Tracker instead? or how about a Suzuki Samuri? Or maybe I should just have my friends beat me up for even joking about something like that.

Unread 12-30-2001, 02:11 PM   #2
jepthng1

both of those are not an easy task.
but if i was to choose i would do the wiring.
jepthng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2001, 03:40 PM   #3
Wildbill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced my body tub on my '79 CJ-5 several years ago and I have only mediate mechanical and very little electrical experience. Take your time and get a good Haynes and/or Chilton's manual and you should be able to handle it just fine.
I used my old wiring harness but if I had to do it again I would probably get a Painless Wiring Harness.
Good luck keep us informed,

[COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #23[/COLOR]

'92 [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] YJ 4.0 HO, 5spd.
'04 [COLOR=silver]Bright Silver[/COLOR] Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L Stock for now
[URL]www.peaceriverjeepers.com[/URL]

What do a Divorce in Alabama, A Tornado in Kansas and a Hurricane in Florida all have in common?.....No matter what someone is fixin' to lose a trailer
Wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2002, 04:04 PM   #4
vulcan

i bought my jeep with the fiberglass already on there...but i did the wiring and its not that bad.
Unread 01-05-2002, 09:18 PM   #5
Knucklehead
1973 CJ5 

Mounted my CJ-5 fiberglass tub in 87. It wasn't too hard, just time consuming. The wiring was easy though, I tore out all the useless stuff like heater, radio, keyed ignition, etc, and put in an aftermarket fuse panel, gages, and switch panel. If you are keeping all that stuff then I recommend a wiring harness from Painless.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.