Moser One Piece Axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Moser One Piece Axles

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Moser One Piece Axles

Sold my old tires on CL and want to use the funds to pick up a set of Mosers for the AMC 20 in my 85 CJ7. Beings my budget is minimal - I was wondering if anyone knows who has the best deal on them shipping included. I didn't see'em on Q-tec which is where I usually shop due to the JF free shipping deal (which is awesome of them to do that for us) Anybody got a link?

Unread 08-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
I6CJ7
1984 CJ7 

I think i got mine from summit racing. They ship from the manufacturer and take a little longer. Or i ordered them directly from Moser, can't remember. And they're still sitting in the bixes 6 months later uninstalled... Lol
I6CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

I got a set about a month ago from summit. $285 for the mosers I believe
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Yep - Summit looks like the deal so far. No shipping and $285
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

Jegs has them for $285 as well but I'm not sure on shipping with them
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered them from Jegs - Same price as Summit and free shipping as well. Both places stated they were out of stock but Jegs had a ship date 4 days earlier so they got my $$$$.

Couple of install related questions - Would like to hear what bearing grease and differential fluid/lube you guys recommend (I'm planning on having to remove the thrust block). I already have a set of shoes and replacement hardware for the rear brakes since I'll already be in there. Should I consider replacing the wheel cylinders as well? No issues with the ones I have now - they work fine and don't leak but they are 28 years old.
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #7
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

you have to crack the brake line to pull the axle anyway....... I went ahead and did both sides of my brake lines while there as well.....I use lucas super sticky red grease and standard 80/90.
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7KAHUNA View Post
..Should I consider replacing the wheel cylinders as well? No issues with the ones I have now - they work fine and don't leak but they are 28 years old.
For around $10 each for new ones, I would replace them while you have everything apart. if they come out without problems, then the swap adds maybe 10 minutes per side. Be sure to buy a quart or two of brake fluid for when you bleed the brakes.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.