Moser 1 piece axle price - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Moser 1 piece axle price

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #16
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

Yes the Detroit Tru-Trac is a full time locker that is suppose to unlock the inner wheel when slowing down for a turn, if you are on the gas both wheels are locked tight.

SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #17
featured
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzdmnky View Post
I did invest in one of those things, and now I have a fear of presses, because the plate broke on me and that is some scary stuff. I havent replaced the plate so I am left with a press that I cant use to its full potential lol.
I would never trust those plates myself, go to a local steel place and have some big billets cut off of some cold rolled bar stock - for example 2"x3"x whatever length you need for your press. I have even seen people use squre tubing with like 5/16" wall - this would be acceptable as well - anything other than cast iron like the HF plates, so you can at least see if its bending before it catastrophically fails. Also, the v shaped nonsense in the cast plate is a scam. The bearing doesn`t have to be supported on 4 sides necessarily, pay closer attention to supporting it on the inner race and go slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja67 View Post
Did the harbor freight press work good for pressing the bearing on? They have a 12 ton on sale at my local store for 129 dollars.
Any press would be great for this sort of thing, just don`t try to use it for more than its designed. If you do invest in the Chinese economy, at least take the 20% off coupon from JP Magazine, or any number of other automotive, bicycling, etc magazines and keep a little more cash in America.
featured is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.