The Morning Rant..... Read with Caution! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The Morning Rant..... Read with Caution!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 04-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

The Morning Rant..... Feel free to post yours!

Normally I'm not one to rant but for some reason I feel the need this morning .... maybe it's because my wife went out of town with her girlfriends to have fun and I have a list of chores a mile long (nah, that can't be it).

Anyway, working on my jeep I need a bunch of stuff and I try to use the forum to find my parts first. That way I can find a good deal and help a member out at the same time.

When I went to the first page this morning 15 of the 25 DON'T HAVE A LOCATION, and HALF of those DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT MODEL OR ANY MODEL LISTED!!! If you want to sell something list it right and tell us where it is!!!

THERE, I'm done! Thanks for listening.

Please feel free to list your morning rants in here going forward and we can keep them out of peoples threads

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
CJunk
1984 CJ7 

I totally agree. The classified section is terrible. Half the stuff under "cj" isn't for a cj. I think we should start a muntany for a cj classified within the cj tech forum area. If you started a thread here (in tech) with wanted or for sale, people come out of the woodwork. Although it is against the rules.
CJunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I hate the good deals in Craig's list that are advertised in my area (say Harrisburg and reading PA) and see some person with a great price for black doors for my dodge ram.

They are in southern Virginia. Or jersey
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I agree... maybe a classified under each model's forum instead of a general 1-size-fits-all listings...

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Neuner-9R
1985 CJ7 

I agree. Even if I'm not necessarily looking, I'm sure I'd be compelled to look through, find something I want and then go borrow money to buy since the CJ has already taken all of the spare mullah.

Then pay the price for it later with the wifey.
Neuner-9R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

That is actually a great idea. I hope someone is listening because I have never even looked at the classifieds here but I might if it was within the forum.
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJunk View Post
I totally agree. The classified section is terrible. Half the stuff under "cj" isn't for a cj. I think we should start a muntany for a cj classified within the cj tech forum area. If you started a thread here (in tech) with wanted or for sale, people come out of the woodwork. Although it is against the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
I agree... maybe a classified under each model's forum instead of a general 1-size-fits-all listings...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner-9R View Post
I agree. Even if I'm not necessarily looking, I'm sure I'd be compelled to look through, find something I want and then go borrow money to buy since the CJ has already taken all of the spare mullah.

Then pay the price for it later with the wifey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
That is actually a great idea. I hope someone is listening because I have never even looked at the classifieds here but I might if it was within the forum.
Spread the word and let's make sure the powers that be listen!

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

On other boards I frequent that are not jeep specific the classifieds are broken down by manufacturer (toyota, jeep, dodge etc). So I normally don't mind not having CJ specific classifieds. But for a forum as large as JF I don't understand why it hasn't been broken down more. It's a secondary reason I don't ever look at them.....the first being all you people selling stuff are south of the damn border!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
ROB03HD
1982 CJ7 

I also read your rant on trustpilot the other day. I would be pissed at partsgeek if they shafted me like that. Play on fellas
ROB03HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

I've also said the same thing, "NO LOCATION".. damn it people, fill out your profile so it shows up where you are.. and fill in all the info if your selling something!.. last time I said it, everyone jumped down my throat, so... hoping your thread has better results.. or maybe we should boycott these people with no location.. (and even NE/state? or NW/state? or something giving us a clue where you are)...

Quote:
.....the first being all you people selling stuff are south of the damn border!
is that why they don't fill out the profile, hmmm, never even thought of that..
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB03HD
I also read your rant on trustpilot the other day. I would be pissed at partsgeek if they shafted me like that. Play on fellas
That is one I alluded to on here in the H1 steering thread but spared my real feelings. I will never use them again and they still show those parts in stock. Weren't you the one they gave mine too

Unread 04-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #12
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

I always liked JeepsUnlimited.com forum layout. They have a CJ Forum section like we have here and it is has 3 sub-forums within.

CJ For Sale Forum

CJ Wanted To Buy Forum

CJ Picture Forum

Makes it easy to find what you are looking for and it helps other CJ owners looking for parts a better chance getting a reply to. I was able to purchase and give parts away on that website much easier then here.
Its also where I posted my restoration pictures over a four year period because it was easy to find.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.