mopar mpi upgrade question. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-02-2015, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
hunterstroble
1985 CJ7 

mopar mpi upgrade question.

I have searched and can not find anything, I could call HESCO but thought I'd ask and get advice from people who have done this upgrade. I have an 85 cj7 with power brakes. My questions are:
- I have Clifford headers, will these work with the swap? I know I have to weld in an 02 sensor bung.
- Will the intake assembley clear my brake booster? Right now I have a Clifford intake with a holley 390 and it's really close.
- Any issues with my valve cover? I have a Clifford aluminum one. With a push in breather in the front and pcv in the rear. Any issues with using the valve cover?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
hunterstroble
1985 CJ7 

Also none of the emission hoses or canister is there. These were gone when I got the jeep. Thanks.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Kstein
1985 CJ7 

I was able to install a Borla header, but it required some modification to the power steering pump bracket.

Also, no power brakes, so can't speak for that.

TAMC85 CJ7
Still Original: Tub, Rollbar; Frame; 258 Block; T176; DANA300; Steering; DANA30; AMC20; Drive Shafts; Wheels; Tank; Altenator; Fan; Frt Bumper; Speedo; Heater Box; Spare Carrier; Seat risers
Replaced: Radiator; Valve Cover; Clutch linkage; Taillights; Frt Brake Calipers; Fuel, Tmp, and Oil Pressure Gauges; Exhaust line; Seat Belts; Paint
Mods: Mopar MPI(in progress); 4.0 Al Cylinder Head; OME YJ Suspension; MC Seats; Tub liner; 31" Tires
post #4 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
hunterstroble
1985 CJ7 

Thanks for the reply.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-07-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
hunterstroble
1985 CJ7 

any one else?
post #6 of 7 Old 12-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Stumblebum
1982 CJ7 

The intake manifold clears the brake booster by about an inch. However, the Manifold Air Temp (MAT) sensor attaches to the manifold just below the booster. The top of the sensor clears the booster by about 1/4". When you need to replace motor mounts in the future, you'll need to either remove or relocate the sensor to avoid crushing the sensor. With multiple plugs and sensors on the manifold, you can use the locations that work best for you.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
hunterstroble
1985 CJ7 

OK, thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.