Mopar MPFI fuel line question on 85 CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mopar MPFI fuel line question on 85 CJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 07-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
OSUAV8R

Mopar MPFI fuel line question on 85 CJ

Hey Everyone. I am knee deep in my frame swap and the more I take apart the more I see needs to be replaced. I was pulling the original fuel lines out and they dont appear to be in great shape so I figured i should just replace them.

Question 1) the prebent lines are $99 at 4WD and there are three (I think). Is there another option?

Question 2) I have the Mopar kit installed and I know they changed some of the fuel lines. Does anyone else have the Mopar kit and know where I can get those lines? I installed it over 10 years ago.. and I forgot what it involved.. so I guess question 3 is.. if I have to get the prebent lines... and I wasting money if I have to cut them... is it hard to bend fuel line?

Thanks

Any pics or diagrams would be great

Nathan

OSUAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
coas

Just get a tubing bender, a tubing cutter and follow the stock line bending. Did that a few month ago with the tub on, not a pleasant job but with the tub off it's should be easy. the bending part was fan, installing it wasn't.

Run 3/8 line from the fuel tank to the fuel rail and 5/16 for the return line. both on the driver side.
Unread 07-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Rob55
1984 CJ7 

Agree with COAS, cheaper and easier to bend yourself. If you really want to buy prebent try HESCO. They make (and install) the MPI kits. Hope that helps.
1984 CJ7, 258, MPI, 4.0 head, Borla, 700r4, amc20 (detroit), Dana 30 (OX), 4.56 gears, Warn Hubs, Dana 300 with 4:1, 4.5 RE lift with 1" body, Bilsteins, dual battery, PS, PB, full cage, two dogs in the back....
Rob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
OSUAV8R

thanks guys, where do you buy unbent fuel line? is there a tool to make the nipple style end? or is a good hose clamp enough?
OSUAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.