Moon's Build Thread- '78 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Moon's Build Thread- '78 CJ7

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
J_Moon
1978 CJ7 

Moon's Build Thread- '78 CJ7

(Friday, September, 27th, 2013)

-

So this is my build thread Not sure what I'm doing... Guess I'll just take it one step at a time.

I guess I'll start with a few pic's and a link to the album I just made.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/ye...?sort=3&page=1

My goal is a very reliable Daily Driver, and rare occasion mild off-roader.
So i might part with the 4-point harness seats that the po installed, since it's a dd but idk yet.
I love the roll-cage, I'll keep that i think.
The engine is a ugly mess, the wiring is a nightmare, and some of bodymounts are about gone.
The bodymounts are what made me decide to start a build thread.
So I guess I'll pull the tub and start my long journey

I've started the TeamRush upgrade. I have the ford adapter and cap.... Thats ase far as I've got

I have a new ("14 chrome air filter intake) in the mail to replace whatever that crap is on there.

The PO installed steer-stabilizer and new bushing's. She Drives down the road like a dream!! never been in a jeep that has tight steering and doesn't drift. so thats a huge!

I'd love to use original dials and steering-wheel... but they might be hard to come-by in good condition. (My speedo,odometer and fuel gauge aren't working)

Last edited by J_Moon; 10-17-2013 at 08:40 PM..
J_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
J_Moon
1978 CJ7 

Last edited by J_Moon; 10-17-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
J_Moon
1978 CJ7 

Added a few pic's with the tub off. looks to be in decent shape, but I haven't had anyone that's worked on frames before look at it yet.
Only 2 bad spots are visible(besides the bodymount holes). I'll poke around see if i can find some more.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.