monstaliner on my cj7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > monstaliner on my cj7

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
tjeep1
1978 CJ7 

monstaliner on my cj7

instead of painting im thinking of using monstaliner tinted on the outside,has anyone used the tinted liner with good results. it will save me alot of bodywork and spotputty as i am a backyard bodyman LOL . also does anyone know what primer i can use before spraying the liner on. and thanks in advance for your replies

tjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
CoryA
1984 CJ7 

mooncruiser used the bright blue color on his 7 I saw it in person and I must say I was impressed much nicer than I would have ever thought
CoryA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
czuess
1981 CJ7 

I did the out side of my cj7 about a month ago. I have not had it out because I am not done with the build. I started to spray it on the inside but did not like how it was coming out so I rolled it on. I rolled the outside and liked how it came out. It is pretty smooth. It is all in the prep work. The monstaliner will coverup small blemishes but the smoother you can get the body the better. The instructions say to use an epoxy primer and DO NOT USE self etching primer.
I researched for a month or so before i bought the Monstaliner. There is a thread under the vendor forum that has every answer you could want. The main thing I can say is get a good respirator the stuff is nasty.
czuess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
baja67
1980 CJ5 

Used it on my cj5 hardtop and love it. Still looks like new 2 years later... I recommend it.
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
MoC
1986 CJ7 

I would rather vote for Obama, shoot holes in my jeeps, and light them on fire before putting that stuff on the exterior of one of them.... I hate it more then diamond plate.
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Seriously, this horse has been beaten to death already. Skip the popcorn Matt, pass the moonshine.....
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.