Monstaliner Longevity - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Monstaliner Longevity

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
JeepGuy66
1983 CJ8 

Monstaliner Longevity

I have read a lot about Monstaliner on these forums and am considering it for my CJ8 tub (inside and underside). Most are very pleased but seem to have reported on relatively new applications.

Can anyone who has had Monstalined their bed (or underside) more than a year ago comment on their impression on longevity and durability, and long term value? Any regrets now on not using the more expensive LineX.

Thanks!

JeepGuy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Go with LineX. I applied that Monstaliner crap and regretting it every day. Mine is fading and holds too much dirt. Also, I personally think the customer service sucks......
Unread 12-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
JeepGuy66
1983 CJ8 

Thanks for your reply.

In regards to customer service...I went to their website and ordered two swatches. On the order form there was box for questions or comments so i asked a question regarding texture and spray application. It took two weeks to the get the swatch (swatch not swatches). So they sent one swatch only and ignored my question about spray application. So ok, no problem. People make mistakes. I went to their site again, ordered a single swatch (they one they never sent in the first place). It's been a couple weeks and still not swatch. Don't really see why sending a swatch should take so long. Makes me leary of ordering product except they did get a alot of positive feedback in the past but again looking for long term opinions.

Anyone else?
Unread 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy66
Thanks for your reply.

In regards to customer service...I went to their website and ordered two swatches. On the order form there was box for questions or comments so i asked a question regarding texture and spray application. It took two weeks to the get the swatch (swatch not swatches). So they sent one swatch only and ignored my question about spray application. So ok, no problem. People make mistakes. I went to their site again, ordered a single swatch (they one they never sent in the first place). It's been a couple weeks and still not swatch. Don't really see why sending a swatch should take so long. Makes me leary of ordering product except they did get a alot of positive feedback in the past but again looking for long term opinions.

Anyone else?
I can comment on the customer service lately. I live about 20 min from the company and know it very well. I have had many conversations with the owner Eric and I have used the product extensively in my build with no issues. The company is in the process of moving their entire operation from Long Island Ny to Alabama. Because of this "event" if you will, the company is suffering in the customer service dept. Eric usually handles all the CS personally and will even give you his cell phone number in case you are working on your project on a weekend and have a question in the middle of your work. He has spent a lot of time back and forth to Alabama. Even Eric will admit himself that customer service has suffered because of it. They are a growing company going through a major move and haven't quite figured out how to juggle everything. They are trying to get things back on track. As far as the product is concerned, as long as you follow the instructions to the letter you will be quite happy with the results. BTW. I have absolutely no affiliation with them at all. Just a satisfied customer.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
jetmech1
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy66
Thanks for your reply.

Anyone else?
I ordered three color sample swatches from Monstaliner a month or so ago, and have yet to get them in the mail. I'll probably just go with tintable Upol Raptor after looking at 243's results.
jetmech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead2 View Post

I can comment on the customer service lately. I live about 20 min from the company and know it very well. I have had many conversations with the owner Eric and I have used the product extensively in my build with no issues. The company is in the process of moving their entire operation from Long Island Ny to Alabama. Because of this "event" if you will, the company is suffering in the customer service dept. Eric usually handles all the CS personally and will even give you his cell phone number in case you are working on your project on a weekend and have a question in the middle of your work. He has spent a lot of time back and forth to Alabama. Even Eric will admit himself that customer service has suffered because of it. They are a growing company going through a major move and haven't quite figured out how to juggle everything. They are trying to get things back on track. As far as the product is concerned, as long as you follow the instructions to the letter you will be quite happy with the results. BTW. I have absolutely no affiliation with them at all. Just a satisfied customer.
Do you know where in Alabama?
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen

Do you know where in Alabama?
Sorry, I don't remember

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
Unread 12-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Sorry, I don't remember
If ya hear, lemme know! I'm thinking of buying some after Christmas, and I'd like to see it in person...
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Almost forgot, The owners home was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy several weeks back so that is another reason the company is not running 100% at the moment.

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

Unread 12-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
BuckeyeNative

1974 CJ5 

For what it is worth I ordered/requested color swatches and Chassis Saver from Magnet Paints with zero issues. I am still debating if I want to use Monstaliner or Raptor inside my tub...?
BuckeyeNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #11
JeepGuy66
1983 CJ8 

Ok. A lot of reasons why customer service has been lacking lately. But back to the original question. Looking for people who have used Monstaliner MORE than a year ago. Your impressions on how it is holding up and long term value. Any regrets?

So far I have 1 regret and 1 person that gives it a thumbs up. Any more out there?
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #12
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I'll give you another reason I would go with a different product. When you roll on the Monstaliner it creates a smooth surface which creates an ice skating rink when it gets wet. I used the roller that was supplied and thought it would provide a rougher surface (more nooks and crannies). Boy was I wrong when my 4 year old niece slipped and fell back onto the rear wheel well. Luckily she didn't get hurt.
Solution, I put carpet over this disaster. If there was an easy way to remove this crud, I would do it and have my tub sprayed with Line X.
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
JeepGuy66
1983 CJ8 

Project23. Sorry your niece took a tumble and very glad she is ok but is the main reason you don't like Monstaliner is because it is slick when wet? That's good know but is it flaking or chipping? You commented earlier about fading and hard to clean. What color did you get? They claim UV this and that but I live in Florida and I really want whatever product I use to able to handle years of sun exposure. Also, I would think that the fact it is smooth and slick would translate into easy to clean?
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #14
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

We put raptor in my sisters shortbed ford the tintable was really a neat thing . 4 bottles barley covered a shortbed stepside, I have chipped it with putting a rollbar in the back but I think its because of the thin coat Plan on redoing it in the spring. my little peanut compressor put it down fine just was running the whole time .
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #15
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

If I may interject for a moment. Project 23 had a bad experience with Chassis Saver, another product that the same company produces and got into it a little on this forum with the owner, Eric. He stated then that he would never buy another product from them and at the time had already applied the Monstaliner in his jeep. I only bring this up because I know he has an axe to grind with the company. To each his own, I guess.

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.