Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 10-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #46
tchimmerroks
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedhutBart View Post
Hey Jeepers!

We want to get your opinion and input on a new gauge line that we are developing and hope to have out in November. It is a direct OEM replacement for the CJ-7 & CJ-8 gauges. Here are the specs:

• 5 ½” GPS Speedometer – Reads accurately regardless of tire size with NO CALIBRATION!!!
• Made from Billet Aluminum
• Optional Tachometer (Programmable and works with all ignition systems!)
• Optional Programmable Inclinometer with audible warning – tells you if you’re about to tip front to rear as well as side to side!
• Heading, Longitude & Latitude, Elevation, Odometer, and Trip Odometer via LCD
• Water Temperature Gauge
• Fuel Level Gauge (User Programmable for use with various senders)
• Turn Signals & High Beam Indicator
• Warning lights – Check Engine, Brake, and 4X4
• Back lit dial and pointers
• Customizable Pointers, Graphics, Colors, and Artwork
• Add a personalized logo or graphic to the dial face
• Water resistant
• Matching auxiliary gauges

Let us know what you think! You can also check out our gauge customizer to get a feel for what kind of options you can make to this gauge (you will need to select a set of gauges or an individual gauge in order to access the customizer).

X20 regarding the built-in tach (Lose it!). Also, I would prefer a non-GPS speedo. Lastly, again agreeing w/most all respondents, if you sold this along with separate, factory-sized, factory looking, clock and tach, I would definitely buy the set (if it were priced $500.00 - $600.00-ish) Thanks for asking

tchimmerroks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #47
gogop66
1986 CJ7 

I like it. It looks better than the competition. I'm not sure I would pay $500 to $700. When I look at the options I can buy in that price range I come up with some pretty cool alternatives. If I had to replace mine I would consider it but not just to get it. My GPS doesn't work very well in the forest under the trees. I bet this one wouldn't either. On thing though, you could add a tracker as an option as these jeeps are stolen a bit too often.
gogop66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #48
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

I love the concept and the product looks good but....at $500+ its a niche market product IMO. There will be some that have the money and wont mind spending it but there will be more that have it and won't. Then there is the rest that just can't afford to drop 5 or more bills on it - especially when getting and keeping a CJ in shape is already and expensive venture. I picked up a GPS for my CJ and paid $30 for it. I would love for it to reside inside my gauge but if it saves me $470+ I can probably live with it on the outside. At $200-300 I can see it being a much more appealing option. But that's my opinion....and you know how those go
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #49
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogop66 View Post
One thing though, you could add a tracker as an option as these jeeps are stolen a bit too often.
That would push me off the cliff, 100 dollar bills flying eveywhere.

This would be good!

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
wblackm
1985 CJ7 

I am very interested in this gauge.

The tracker idea is probably one of the best ideas I have heard on the forum in the last 6 months.
wblackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #51
Tyger78
1984 CJ7 

I'm thrilled about the release time. After consideration, I'll order one just as soon as it's available.

I'm interested in the GPS aspect. Any way there is a downloadable program to pull up a gps map of a trip? say for trail riding or such? If that could be an add on option in the future I think it would be 'fun' to be able to do that. I know it might be a stretch, just my inner child's curiosity.

Edit::: After posting this, I just looked up and saw the comment about a tracker..... I'll shut up now.
Unread 10-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #52
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblackm View Post
I am very interested in this gauge.

The tracker idea is probably one of the best ideas I have heard on the forum in the last 6 months.
Unfortunately, GPS devices like this and the popular ones you buy for navigating are not setup to "transmit" a signal for location. They can only receive signals from a satellite. But the concept of this gauge is still pretty slick.

I wouldn't hesitate thinking of purchasing the gauge as long as all other gauges in the Jeep could be bought to match. That would include as a package deal the clock, tach, speedometer, oil and volt.... $$$$$

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #53
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

I think that is why we are suggesting adding a tracker, in order to transmit the location the GPS is receiving. I assume the two would need to communicate, but maybe not. It could be that a tracker (or tracking device) has both rx and tx capabilities and the GPS could be used for it's original intent, receiving satellite signals and converting the data to map datum info such as speed.

That said, a gauge really is not needed. Just a tracker discreetly mounted on the Jeep, similar to lojac but using satellite signals instead.

Never mind me, carry on LOL.

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #54
Frankandsteph
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
I think that is why we are suggesting adding a tracker, in order to transmit the location the GPS is receiving. I assume the two would need to communicate, but maybe not. It could be that a tracker (or tracking device) has both rx and tx capabilities and the GPS could be used for it's original intent, receiving satellite signals and converting the data to map datum info such as speed.

That said, a gauge really is not needed. Just a tracker discreetly mounted on the Jeep, similar to lojac but using satellite signals instead.

Never mind me, carry on LOL.
Just leave an iPhone under the seat!
Frankandsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #55
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Exactly how will it interface with the fuel sending unit?
I'm no fan of the stock sending unit and hooking up a $500 gauge to a $20.00 POS isn't thrilling. I'd drill a new hole in my fuel tank for something better? Maybe an ultrasonic level sensor?

I would enjoy an early retirement...
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #56
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Exactly how will it interface with the fuel sending unit?
I'm no fan of the stock sending unit and hooking up a $500 gauge to a $20.00 POS isn't thrilling. I'd drill a new hole in my fuel tank for something better? Maybe an ultrasonic level sensor?

I would enjoy an early retirement...
Our fuel level gauge is programmable via the LCD screen and button on the gauge. It can be programmed for different OHM ranges or if you don't know what that is, empty the tank and press the button on the gauge to tell it the tank is "empty". Then fill the tank and push the button to tell it when it is "full". We also offer an accurate capacitive fuel level sender for around $60 that can be cut to length to fit various tanks.
SpeedhutBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #57
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedfrog View Post
I'm actually really liking these. but are the Tach and clock sized appropriately for the stock holes?
they are not the same as each other and not the same as the volt and oil pressure gauges.
Yes, with the exception of the tach, which will be 2 5/8" gauge with an adapter ring.
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #58
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchimmerroks View Post
X20 regarding the built-in tach (Lose it!). Also, I would prefer a non-GPS speedo. Lastly, again agreeing w/most all respondents, if you sold this along with separate, factory-sized, factory looking, clock and tach, I would definitely buy the set (if it were priced $500.00 - $600.00-ish) Thanks for asking
We will be offering two versions of the speedo, one with the smaller tach for the non-Laredo jeeps that don't want to punch another hole in the dash, and one without. Here is a rendering of the speedo only version:
cj-speedo-2.jpg  
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #59
r_unda

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed to this thread. Interested in this gauge for my wife CJ5

2011 WK2 HEMI 4x4 Overland
2007 WK CRD 4x4 Limited GDE Tuned
1998 TJ SE
1973 CJ5 - YJ OME 2.5" lift, 33" tires
1951 Willys truck
r_unda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #60
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

I may have missed it but, what will the electric hook ups be like? also will we be able to get the Volts & Pressure gauges with a 90* sweep?
lastly will these be available out side the kit, so we can get one at a time?
spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.