Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
84scrambler
1984 CJ8 

I like the look. Definitely my style and direction my vehicle is going in. It has the OEM look with the modern touches to back it up. The price point is important, I have spent a bunch of money on my Jeep and try not to skimp but couldn't see myself spending more then $200 on something like this to replace my current setup (especially since my current setup is functioning.

My personal preference is to not include the tach. Seems cluttered and I would prefer to use the factory tach anyways. I like all of the other features, brake light, 4x4, and check engine light as my setup requires it. I was planning on getting a Lokar shifter for my auto with the LED indicator, and if you can incorporate a similar LED indicator then that would be a bonus. It will depend on how it looks but it would at least give me an option.

When do you expect to have them available for sale?

84scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Considering the aftermarket "stock" replacements run around $150 and have zero warranty and are filled with guages that just plain suck, I can't see how anyone can expect something like this to go for only $50-$100 more. Can you buy a full set of quality guages like autometer for $200? Not likely. Yes it's a big price tag but for something with a lifetime warranty that is miles ahead of the alternative I would gladly pay $500.......if I were in the market.

Trying to get this for $200 is like asking for rough country pricing on a 4.5" HD RE lift.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Too rich for my blood, especially since my factory cluster still works 100%.

I wish you luck, however. I'm sure there's a small market that will spring for a high-dollar, USA-made product with a good warranty.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #19
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

OP, how does the tach wire in?
Can you select on the tach for 4-6 or 8 cyl.
You may well want to have a version withOUT tach, as many of us are still run'n the OEM.
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #20
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Considering the aftermarket "stock" replacements run around $150 and have zero warranty and are filled with guages that just plain suck, I can't see how anyone can expect something like this to go for only $50-$100 more. Can you buy a full set of quality guages like autometer for $200? Not likely. Yes it's a big price tag but for something with a lifetime warranty that is miles ahead of the alternative I would gladly pay $500.......if I were in the market.

Trying to get this for $200 is like asking for rough country pricing on a 4.5" HD RE lift.
Ok fair enough, I just went to their site and they have several quad gages for $250-$300. There is no real R&D needed here other than the asthetic casing for the gauges. That said, I think you have a resonable argument for $300-$400 depending on the options ordered. I do hope they offer an electronic programable version vs the GPS as a lot of us live and wheel in thickly forested and or heavly overcast regions of the country where a GPS speedometer would not be as accurate.
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

I like every thing except the tach, I want a less cluttered look, more stock. And I'll second the idea of a electronic programmable/non GPS version. as tunnels and canyons could be an issue (and in a zombi apocalypses there are no satellites).

I can see my self in the market in the near future. I think $350-400 I could see $500, but $700 is way to rich for me. would be a fair price

I really like the programmable fuel gauge with light. I really like the trip meter, I like the check engine light because its there if I want to go fuel injection. I like the OEM style. I like that its USA made, and has a lifetime warranty.
I am VERY interested.
A separate, Tach,Clock, Volt, and oil pressure Gauge that truly match, and are sized to fit a CJ dash would be awesome. the Tach and clock are harder to find bits. you can get cheap Chinese knock offs, but they look like toys compared to the OEM, and tend to go bad fast. my clock lasted all of 24 hours!

I'd make sure you engineer it for the environment it will see, an OPEN TOP JEEP!. it needs to hold up to UV and rain. and the inevitable hose rinse that a Jeep will get after a 'wheeling trip.
spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
GPERSCREEPERS99

I love it and would be great in my Scrambler but the price is an issue. If it was near 500 or a little lower maybe 750 no chance. Vim in a market for all new gauges.
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

IMO that tachometer is too small to be of any real use, and it looks crammed in there.
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

How long does it take for the gps to acquire? Is speedo nonoperational during that period?

Click HERE to check out my CJ5 restoration project page
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #25
fourbtgait
1930 MK Patriot 

Curious if since the speedometer uses GPS, does the odometer/trip meter also?
If so, then as been said, trees and deep mountain canyons would/could affect the readings.
What is the GPS antenna like? How large, where do you recommend it be placed?
Would hate to tear it off on a tree branch....

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
fourbtgait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
dahreno

I like it , I wish it would fit my 61 wagon . My speedo and gas gauge doesn't work . I also have 38 " tires so it would be nice to have a speedo that is accurate , Will it fit ?
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #27
Tyger78
1984 CJ7 

I like it and I'm actually thinking about getting it if it ever comes out.

I like the upgraded stock appearance.

I don't mind paying $500-$700 for quality parts.
I absolutely love that it incorporates a "check engine" light, because I'm going fuel injected.
However, I would definitely want to alter some things:

I would personally remove the "unleaded fuel only" (because it's kind of cluttering it up)
I wouldn't want mine to have the tach included, I like the layout of the original tach on the dash.

A concern would be the EL lighting. If not done properly, EL lighting can quickly make a nice vehicle appear to be trashed with glue on parts from autozone. I would definitely have to actually see one illuminated before purchasing. I would also have to know that all lights can be dimmed appropriately.

Another concern: The company boasts a lifetime warranty. I never put a top on my jeep, if it gets rained on, then I grab a towel. A top is NOT ALLOWED on my jeep.The many products that Speedhut offers appear to be of professional quality, but I am interested as to what "lifetime warranty" actually means. I guarantee that when I buy one, it's going to get wet, I'll make sure of it.

All in all.... Looks good and looking forward to seeing one.
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #28
Colt44

1983 CJ7 

I also would like to see a direct speed measurement rather than having to depend on a GPS, install an antenna, etc. Also I'd prefer a simple gauge with separate tach, clock, voltage and oil pressure gauges.

Turn signal indicators should be the same bright green as OEM, and I'd like to see the brake and 4wd lights be square as in the original gauge.

As to the lighting source, dimmable LEDs in a warm hue (i.e., not blue-white) would be great, but good incandescent would also be acceptable.

Other than that, if the price is right I'll be very interested in getting a set.
YJ Interior, Metal Doors, Hard Top
Colt44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #29
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

I like it, and if this had been out when I was designing my dash I would have probably paid $450 for it.

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #30
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger78 View Post
I like it and I'm actually thinking about getting it if it ever comes out.

I like the upgraded stock appearance.

I don't mind paying $500-$700 for quality parts.
I absolutely love that it incorporates a "check engine" light, because I'm going fuel injected.
However, I would definitely want to alter some things:

I would personally remove the "unleaded fuel only" (because it's kind of cluttering it up)
I wouldn't want mine to have the tach included, I like the layout of the original tach on the dash.

A concern would be the EL lighting. If not done properly, EL lighting can quickly make a nice vehicle appear to be trashed with glue on parts from autozone. I would definitely have to actually see one illuminated before purchasing. I would also have to know that all lights can be dimmed appropriately.

Another concern: The company boasts a lifetime warranty. I never put a top on my jeep, if it gets rained on, then I grab a towel. A top is NOT ALLOWED on my jeep.The many products that Speedhut offers appear to be of professional quality, but I am interested as to what "lifetime warranty" actually means. I guarantee that when I buy one, it's going to get wet, I'll make sure of it.

All in all.... Looks good and looking forward to seeing one.

EL Lighting - We have been using EL lighting for years in our gauges to provide the most even back-lighting in the industry. LED and bulbs create hot spots which are difficult to eliminate in the lighting.

Lifetime Warranty - We proudly stand behind every gauge we make and will repair or replace any product that has an issue. We are also anticipating others like you that get your jeeps (and our gauges) wet.

Thanks for the questions and feedback!
SpeedhutBart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.