Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 10-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Modern Jeep CJ Gauges with Vintage Look - Voice your Opinion

Hey Jeepers!

We want to get your opinion and input on a new gauge line that we are developing and hope to have out in November. It is a direct OEM replacement for the CJ-7 & CJ-8 gauges. Here are the specs:

• 5 ˝” GPS Speedometer – Reads accurately regardless of tire size with NO CALIBRATION!!!
• Made from Billet Aluminum
• Optional Tachometer (Programmable and works with all ignition systems!)
• Optional Programmable Inclinometer with audible warning – tells you if you’re about to tip front to rear as well as side to side!
• Heading, Longitude & Latitude, Elevation, Odometer, and Trip Odometer via LCD
• Water Temperature Gauge
• Fuel Level Gauge (User Programmable for use with various senders)
• Turn Signals & High Beam Indicator
• Warning lights – Check Engine, Brake, and 4X4
• Back lit dial and pointers
• Customizable Pointers, Graphics, Colors, and Artwork
• Add a personalized logo or graphic to the dial face
• Water resistant
Matching auxiliary gauges

Let us know what you think! You can also check out our gauge customizer to get a feel for what kind of options you can make to this gauge (you will need to select a set of gauges or an individual gauge in order to access the customizer).

Last edited by SpeedhutBart; 10-04-2013 at 03:20 PM..
SpeedhutBart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

There was a thread on this forum a few months ago while you were in early development on these...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sp...-them-1506744/
SLO_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
PERK
1983 CJ7 

pretty cool looking, what kind of coin we talking about?
PERK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
2Xtreme
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Pricing??
2Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
MoneypitCJ5
1977 CJ5 

That is sweet! Reminds me of a Mini Cooper cluster.

I bet some serious coin though.
And many in between!
MoneypitCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Will we have the option of eliminating some of the features? My '72 does not indicate that it is in 4x4, have a brake light or check engine light. I assume we can take off the "unleaded fuel only" print. I like the premise, updated but still very CJ like. I would do it if the price was right.

I clicked the link to the "gauge customizer" and was blank. lots of options but no gauge.

Seems the big concern will be price.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

That's pretty cool looking. It would probably fool a lot of non-CJ folks into thinking it was the original unit. It looks to have a good blend of old and new. I would want to know all of the details about how it's installed and made to work. What kind of electrical connections are needed? Is there an antenna for the GPS? Is the illumination tied to the factory illumination circuit? What kind of lamps provide the internal illumination (LED or incandescent)? What mechanism is used to program the tach and other things?

If this is a $500 gauge then it's not going to find a lot of takers. If it's $200, then maybe we can talk.
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

Price? I'm guessing between $500-$700. Competes with Dakota Digital http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd836.htm
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
2Xtreme
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrs1 View Post
Price? I'm guessing between $500-$700. Competes with Dakota Digital http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd836.htm
That thing is Gawd-Awful Ugly...
2Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Will we have the option of eliminating some of the features? My '72 does not indicate that it is in 4x4, have a brake light or check engine light. I assume we can take off the "unleaded fuel only" print. I like the premise, updated but still very CJ like. I would do it if the price was right.

I clicked the link to the "gauge customizer" and was blank. lots of options but no gauge.

Seems the big concern will be price.
The indicators will be included, if you don't need them and don't hook them up, then they will simply remain grayed out.

As for the gauge customizer, you will need to go to the site and select a set of gauges or a gauge first and that will bring up the customizer.
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Xtreme View Post
Pricing??
Pricing between $500 - $750 depending on options and if purchased as a set. Base unit will be GPS Speedo with fuel level and temp, GPS antenna will be included (no tach or inclinometer), still no calibration needed when changing tire sizes.
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
SpeedhutBart
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
That's pretty cool looking. It would probably fool a lot of non-CJ folks into thinking it was the original unit. It looks to have a good blend of old and new. I would want to know all of the details about how it's installed and made to work. What kind of electrical connections are needed? Is there an antenna for the GPS? Is the illumination tied to the factory illumination circuit? What kind of lamps provide the internal illumination (LED or incandescent)? What mechanism is used to program the tach and other things?

If this is a $500 gauge then it's not going to find a lot of takers. If it's $200, then maybe we can talk.
Fits directly into existing hole/mounts. The lighting is EL back lit and the indicators are LED so there is no need to change any bulbs. Antenna is provided for GPS. Illumination ties directly into factory wiring and dimmer. Programming is performed through the LCD/trip reset button in a start-up programming mode (various options from 1/2 to 6 pulses per rev and even Hertz for diesels).

Oh, and did I mention, Speedhut is the only gauge manufacturer with a LIFETIME warranty on all our gauges!!! Products are proudly made in the good ole U.S.A.
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
danfrye
1978 CJ7 

like it. looks good. Water proof would be better though.. things tend to get wet
danfrye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #14
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Love the concept. I personally have no need for an inclinometer and would prefer to have the tach separate. Maybe a speed sensor option instead of GPS, just a thought. As stated above, if you can get the price down to 200-250 range you will have a lot of buyers including me, above that your buyer ratio will drop off exponentially.
Unread 10-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

I admire your efforts. But I'd rather be honest before your investment than after a big commitment on your part.

Not for that kind of money. I'm not saying it isn't worth it, but I'd rather not spend that kind of money on a gauge. ESPECIALLY one that has all kinds of indicators I don't have a need for.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.