MoC's Build Thread - Page 94 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #1396
scooter71954
1978 CJ7 

MoC,

I feel your pain on burn out. Started my project in Nov '11. Worked steadily thru Oct '12. During that time I tore the CJ down to bare frame, rebuilt to a rolling chassis to stock specs, mounted replacement YJ tub, modified tub to near CJ spec and sanded tub, ready to paint. Then, I hit the wall!

In the last 2 months all I have done is finish the wiring loom rebuild and some minor parts refinishing.

I just lost all motivation after the election. I keep trying to go back to the shop but always find something else to do instead. It doesn't help that my Mother has had health issues during that time. I hope to get back to it this weekend, but...

I am so close to being finished. Maybe I really don't WANT to finish!

Unread 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #1397
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Finally got my dip stick tube in today as well as my replacement replacement fender so I am now back in the motivated state of mind.

I am lucky to have such a tolerant wife. Somehow at 8pm I managed to talk my wife off the sofa, out in to the cold and rain, and to the shop to test fit my replacement replacement fender. Happy to say that it was undamaged out the box and fits good. I have one little gap to work out where a fender hits the tub but should be able to get it though adjustment. Overall happy with the Crown replacement fenders now that I have 2 good ones.

Next step is to fit the fender flares and drill the holes so that I can get the fenders, hood, and grill to the painter. Hoping to have that done by Saturday. Although everything is here still going to be a short while to I get it all done. Jenn's working the next two weekends and we have 60% and greater chance of rain and cold everyday for the next two weeks. Basically means I am going to have a few hours hear and there for a while....

Happy happy happy

MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #1398
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

I hear you on the frustration, I have been there more times than I care to count with my build, it has been slow because I have been trying to push my way past having a broken back, been relying on friends quite a bit, it just never seems fast enough.

It just takes time though and slowly but surely you get there. It looks like you are getting close, I suspect it won't be too long now and you will be driving it.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #1399
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Hey MoC,

Sheesh, talk about making a career out of a simple project....

Quit with the whining and get that damn CJ put back together, will ya?

I haven't read your entire thread, so my apologies if this has been covered, but have you fired your 360, yet?

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #1400
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Tell me about it Matt. I got the engine back about a year and 7 months ago. After it was painted I managed to let it sit on a stand forever while I rebuilt the shop, did a backyard makeover, painted the back half of the house, and took apart 5 parts jeeps. Wow.. Tired just thinking about all that. Luck for me the 258 keep running strong all that time.

As far as the engine being fired. I got it out of a 80 waggy. It had less than 5000 miles on it off a rebuild with papers and was running great. Ran some fresh oil and about 5 gallons of gas through it before pulling it from the waggy I pulled all the sheet metal, timing chain cover, and intake just to see and everything looked great. Painted it up, replaced all the bolts, and here were are.
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #1401
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Start that sucker already!!!! Glad the fenders will work for you, their tailgate was a real disappointment.
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #1402
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Got my carb back from National Carb today. Looks great & top notch rebuild.

Completely worth paying them to rebuild it. Easy rebuild but I would have spend countless hours trying to make it look this good.
image-2715356864.jpg   image-1023235480.jpg   image-2524280384.jpg   image-862216861.jpg  
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #1403
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Hey MoC,

Sheesh, talk about making a career out of a simple project....

Quit with the whining and get that damn CJ put back together, will ya?

I haven't read your entire thread, so my apologies if this has been covered, but have you fired your 360, yet?

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Start that sucker already!!!! Glad the fenders will work for you, their tailgate was a real disappointment.
Pipe down you two... Dont forget I now know yalls addresses!!
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #1404
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

A good company, that National Carbs. Bulltear should take notes.

Like yours, you could eat off of the Q-jet I got from them. They also nailed the re-jetting of the primaries for my elevation. Secondaries still need a tweak, though.

You should have enough to keep you motivated, now.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #1405
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Got my carb back from National Carb today. Looks great & top notch rebuild.

Completely worth paying them to rebuild it. Easy rebuild but I would have spend countless hours trying to make it look this good.
Very nice, who is National Carb?

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #1406
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Glad to see you're back in the saddle Buddy. I am looking forward to a video of the 360 running, and maybe a burn out!!! errr... maybe not. The carb is outstanding! VERY nice.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #1407
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Very nice, who is National Carb?
---> This is them Glenn <---

I sent them the carb and for $149.95 they cleaned, polished, rebuilt, cleared, and ran it on a test engine.

Form their site "We recalibrated the carburetors for today's gas and remove the inherent problems like hesitations, flat-spots and hard hot starting. Every carburetor goes through a 3 step testing process, first a float bench and pump test, second a dyno flow bench test, and then a live engine test. All the adjustments are set for a bolt on and go carburetor."

Comes with a warranty as well. Could have done the work myself, but for the price and how well they cleaned it up it was money well spent.
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #1408
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

A new, tested carb for $150. A good deal if you ask me.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #1409
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Carb looks great MoC. Thanks for posting up the link.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #1410
OrangeCJ-5
1978 CJ5 

Very nice rebuild. I went with GuaranteedCarbs to rebuild my 2100. There was a questionable amount of play in the throttle shaft. When mine was returned in a week it looked just as good as yours. My only problem is that after it sits for a few weeks I need to fill the float bowl to start the Jeep. Not sure why the bowl is draining out.
OrangeCJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.