MoC's Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #106
MoC
1986 CJ7 

It really is a shame that I have put so much time in to making this stuff factory clean and looking when very few people will ever know what when in to it. I am also going to become even more OCD about cleaning as soon as I go mudding lol!

MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #107
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I hope you're tired! You did a lot of work. Looks awesome.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #108
4lowherewego
1979 CJ7 

yeah you just solidified it MoC. I'm waiting to rebuild my t150/Dana20 until march/april. My dad and I were gonna pull it next weekend, but I want to give it little more time to warm up before I even think about it because

1- who wants to do work in cold
2- cant paint in the cold.

I'ma freshen up the frame/tub underneath when I pull tranny/transfer too. Then paint them both aluminum.
As long as it's done by June is all I care about.
4lowherewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #109
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
It really is a shame that I have put so much time in to making this stuff factory clean and looking when very few people will ever know what when in to it. I am also going to become even more OCD about cleaning as soon as I go mudding lol!
You might be surprised just who will notice the work you've done and see that you took pride in a job well done. It's not going unnoticed here.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #110
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lowherewego View Post
yeah you just solidified it MoC. I'm waiting to rebuild my t150/Dana20 until march/april. My dad and I were gonna pull it next weekend, but I want to give it little more time to warm up before I even think about it because

1- who wants to do work in cold
2- cant paint in the cold.

I'ma freshen up the frame/tub underneath when I pull tranny/transfer too. Then paint them both aluminum.
As long as it's done by June is all I care about.
Having been wrencing on a CJ when it was 105 outside and also when it was in the low 30's with snow I actually prefer to do my work in the winter. I would rather have it up and running for the summer months. I did find its a little easier to rebuilt the tranny & tcase when it is cold. Reason being it that you use Vaseline to help keep all the needle bearings in place. I noticed when it was cold I could just goop on the Vaseline and not worry about using a dowel / pipe to slid in to hold them in place. When it warmed up a bit and I was messing with my tcase the Vaseline was not as solid. I kind of worked around that by keeping it in my beer fridge but it still melted a bit when I applied it.
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #111
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well slow day at work today so I got some more work done. I was planing on trying to get her all back up this weekend but my new motor mounts, inner clutch spring and pressure plate bolts are not coming till monday or tuesday. So I continued to prep and paint small parts. My new yokes came in a few days ago. I was not at all happy with the dust shields on the new ones, they were tiny.

I ended up poping them off, painting them and the yokes and reinstalling the old ones on the new yokes.

After that I caught a serious case of the MAW's. A little while back I had what I though was a RMS leak that turned out to be the valve cover. Well before I found out it was the cover I ordered a RMS and new one piece gasket. Why let them sit around right?? I was looking for something to do, my parts were all not in to put it up so MAW!!

With the engine hanging by the 2 motor mounts I was able to get the oil pan off. Found a few bolt holes that were a little pulled out so fixed them with a mallet and wooden dowel.

Cleaned it up and painted it.

After that it was RMS time. Removed the rear main bearing cap.

Loosened the rest of the main bearing caps and knocked the upper portion of the RMS around and out.

Rear main bearing cap cleaned up nicely.

No work tomorrow, wife will be at work all day and I will be watching the kidos. Sunday plan on finishing my small parts painting and installing the RMS.
Unread 02-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #112
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Ahh just got the call, wifey will be home after lunch so I get to play a little today after all!
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #113
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

The pan looks like a new one.

Now that you have the pan off have you considered a new oil pump?

My build thread
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #114
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
The pan looks like a new one.

Now that you have the pan off have you considered a new oil pump?

Jim please dont fuel my MAW (might as well) disease. I did think about it, priced checked at autozone for $69. I am going to just roll with what I have. I did read somewhere that a good oil pump will fill up a empty oil filter on a oil change. I have always followed correct procedure and filled my filter up with oil when changing it but last oil change decided to install it dry and see. Started it up, ran for very short time, shut her down and checked. Was filled with oil so I fee comfortable with it.

New Avatar, did all of Scott's recent gun pictures inspire you? Dave has peppers now, so I am thinking I need to change soon as well.
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #115
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well in the spirit of all the new avatars and gun pictures I changed mine as well. It is a artistic rendering of how as a CJ owner I feel at least 4 days a week. Also my neighbors were watching me out the window when I just took this, wonder what they were thinking.
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #116
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I love the avatar!!! It is a good representation of ho I felt about my CJ at times!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #117
Graffxman
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC
Well in the spirit of all the new avatars and gun pictures I changed mine as well. It is a artistic rendering of how as a CJ owner I feel at least 4 days a week. Also my neighbors were watching me out the window when I just took this, wonder what they were thinking.
And I'm gonna let you work on mine?? Now I'm worried...
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #118
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicR1 View Post
I love the avatar!!! It is a good representation of ho I felt about my CJ at times!!!!
Add Sonic to the list of new Avatars! Nice herd in you corral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffxman View Post
And I'm gonna let you work on mine?? Now I'm worried...

Steve, I will bring out the Car-15 or Tec-9 when we work on yours!!

You guys remember those fake bullet hole stickers that were cool in the old days!! I saw a car with some yesterday, make me chuckle!
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #119
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Well with everyone else changing theirs I thought I might as well. I've had the same one since joining.

Your CJ looks like a lamb going to slaughter in that picture, like it's wondering why you turn your back on it after all you all been through.

My build thread
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #120
MoC
1986 CJ7 

I think the spirt of the picture is this...dear jeep, I have replaced just about everything on you, giving you so much love, visit you in the mornings before leaving for work, spend endless hours on the Internet to find ways to make you better than stock, wash you more than i wash my dogs and even use better soap, keep your inspection sticker and insurance up to date, bring you on play dates with other CJ's so you can make friends, give you the best fluids, take you to the spa(woods) for mud baths and even put a top on you when it rains. All of this just so I can drive you a few days a week and try to relive my youth. So please remember all of that because if you break again I will put a 45 through you and roll you off a cliff.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.