MoC's Build Thread - Page 74 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #1096
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Glad to hear you're not jumpin ship on us Moc and getting a JK. Looks like you all are enjoying the vacation and I'm sure enjoying the pictures. Thanks!!
You will NEVER have to worry about that one Jim.

Unread 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #1097
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Oh ok MoC Love You in Polinesian hmm that is interesting is that a cross between Polish and Nesian (my spooling is bad but I haves spoll keck)

Yes I concur you are even mo refried than I kinowed!
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #1098
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

I thought he was throwing "Gang Signs" to the Bears!
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #1099
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

You are a rich man, my friend...you are creating memories that 6 people will never forget.

I love those old Broncos!

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #1100
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Just another day in mountain Paradise!

My favorite picture of all.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #1101
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

MoC in the above picture the two people on the ends are Jens parents?
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #1102
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra
MoC said they were his parents.

And great pictures my friend, your are painting a beautiful picture of Aspen,.
And I agree with Skerr on the favorite picture. When you are your Dads age and look at the pictures. Your kids will be grown, and great memories of this trip will all come back. Your may even be a Grandpa like me.!!!

Bill

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #1103
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Bill is correct, they are my folks.
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #1104
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Just another great day after a great day.

Started off the morning eating breakfast at Main Street Bakery. Sat on the patio and stared at Ajax mountain as we ate.

After that were walked back to the condo and had a dead battery in our car. Apparently when your kids don't push a door closed all the way the lights stay on and the battery dies. Who would have guessed that. No real worries, dad had cables in his car and after a quick jump we were back in business.

Headed to Maroon Bells next for a little hiking. The bells are the three bell shaped peaks you see in the pictures below and top off at 14160 feet.

So cool story about the Bells hike. As yall can see from the pictures I wear a good amount of LSU gear, GEAUX Tigers! While out hiking we came across a group that had a lady wearing a shirt with the Louisiana state seal on it. As we approached each other I said nice shirt to her and said I was from Shreveport. She responded great to see some familiar faces, shaked hands, and introduced herself. Turns out she was Supriya Jindal, the wife of our (Louisiana's) Governor Bobby Jindal. She was also with Governor Bob McDonnell from Virginia and Governor Scott Walker from Wisconsin. The 4th guy in the group was a Louisiana State Trooper who was lucky enough to get the assignment. They all were super nice, shook hands and chit chated for a few minutes. I saw in the paper this after noon that Romney was in Basalt (20 min south of Aspen) for a speaking event and the Governors who are front runners for the VP running mate spot were present as well.

Took a ride up Ajax mountain on the Gondola. Its goes up the same place we drove on the second jeep ride Monday. Ate lunch at the restaurant on the top and played on the kiddy ropes course they have up top.

After that back down to the condo for a quick break then a walk around town for some shopping.

Bill you will get a kick out of this. My 3 year old LOVES fire hydrants and has to have his picture talked with everyone we see. We stopped by the fire station and the guys let the kids climb in the trucks. He loved it!

Finished the day with dinner at Hickory House.

Here is the winner of my favorite jeep of the day.

Only two more days left till we head home.

Nite all.
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #1105
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixcj View Post
You are a rich man, my friend...you are creating memories that 6 people will never forget.

I love those old Broncos!

Rich
Thanks Rich. My parents took me here every year from 78-90 and the memories I have from those years are some of the best. We want to do the same for our kids and come every year with them.
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #1106
johninmichigan
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
They actually still mine out the quary on a small scale, started back with 10-15 workers a little while ago. The old mill site was mostly torn down in 1943. I guess the smaller pieces were not worth anything to them and they were everywhere. Wish I had more pictures of the old mill site. My dad and I left jenn, my mom, and the kids and went exploring for 40 min and jenn had the camera.

Did some more reading and found out the marble from the tomb of the unknown, Lincoln memorial and many other places all got their marble from here. Found a list online that had every building built with marble from their and turns out there is even a building back home in Shreveport built from it.
I'm kind of behind on this but I have family that lives in Marble and my CJ lived it's first 22 yrs there. The old mill site is cool did you get up to Crystal? John
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #1107
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

MoC that was cool about meeting up with Supriya Jindal and the others. It speaks well for them that they were friendly and took time to visit. Never know who a person will run into in life.

2 days left. Every time I'm in the Rockies I just can't get enough of looking at all of the natural beauty then when it's time to drive home I have to stop several times just to look back. I do that till the mountians are out of sight. Some people don't feel that way when they're out there but for me it's like there's a calling to be there. Something about the snow capped peaks, jagged bolder strewn slopes and the beautiful endless sceinery that gets a hold of some of us and gets into our blood. Yes I could live there and likely you could to MoC.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #1108
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninmichigan

I'm kind of behind on this but I have family that lives in Marble and my CJ lived it's first 22 yrs there. The old mill site is cool did you get up to Crystal? John
Hey John! You have a lucky Jeep and family too. I am sure we saw ur family's house while their, we drove and looked at pretty much every house. I have been to Crystal before but we did not make it this trip.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #1109
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
MoC that was cool about meeting up with Supriya Jindal and the others. It speaks well for them that they were friendly and took time to visit. Never know who a person will run into in life.

2 days left. Every time I'm in the Rockies I just can't get enough of looking at all of the natural beauty then when it's time to drive home I have to stop several times just to look back. I do that till the mountians are out of sight. Some people don't feel that way when they're out there but for me it's like there's a calling to be there. Something about the snow capped peaks, jagged bolder strewn slopes and the beautiful endless sceinery that gets a hold of some of us and gets into our blood. Yes I could live there and likely you could to MoC.
I gets me like that to Jim. I would LOVE to be blessed enough to live here. Back in the late 70's my parents almost bought a condo here for $50,000. Condos of that size in the same place now sell in the upper $600,000. What's that about hind sight??? Lol
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #1110
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Time sure is flying by... I hate it when a good vacation ends. BUT, you have something else to do!

Beautiful country and awesome pics, MoC. I am torn between living in a beautiful place in/near the mountains, or on the coast where I can fish everysinglelivin' day! Tough decision, so I just live on the flatland not close to anything!

Our van has had a dead battery so many times from not closing a door that the interior lights have been disconnected!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.