MoC's Build Thread - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 05-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #961
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Here are my purdy new tires and the leveling kit. Guess a wash and wax is in my future as well.

Thanks for the patio comments guys, well worth it in the end. Jenn already has a patio set bought for me to unload this am.

image-3869575100.jpg  
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #962
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Great. Now I need a leveling kit.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #963
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Great. Now I need a leveling kit.
It was pretty cheap, $120 ish. It is basically just two urethane disks that mount between the top of the struts and their mounts to raise the front end up level with the back. I tow ALOT less than I just ride around and always HATED the way the front was raked down lower than the rear.

I really got the hoop up on all the truck work. Bought the tires from tirerack.com. As luck has it they have three warehouses in the USA and one is here. Ordered them up on their 800 number and then the next day drove to the warehouse and picked them up. $153 each.

I have a buddy who is the service dept manager at a larger car dealership here. The owner allows on of their long term top mechanics to do side work out the car dealer garage on weekends. Dropped it off Saturday afternoon and picked it up yesterday. $135 to mount and balance, dispose of the old tires, alignment, and install the leveling kit. Paid him $160 total, I thought he was selling himself a little short on the price.
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #964
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

MoC,

Your effort into the landscape/hardscape were well worth it! After that patio set is put together and you and Jenn are relaxing at the table enjoying your work to date, it will be very rewarding...nice work!
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #965
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Thats for the complements all! Well back to the grind tomorrow.. Picked up my cutting torch today. The family came along for the 3 hour ride. Although I was not planning on doing much else today I did put 3 coats of sealer down in the patio. Hoping to get the fence knocked out on a 1/2 day Friday and a 1/2 day Saturday. Also picked up a butt load of patio furniture for Jenn today. Tables, chairs, umbrella, etc. The pre 360 list is still long but getting shorter every week. Just trying to stay focused and work my tail off getting there.
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #966
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Thats for the complements all! Well back to the grind tomorrow.. Picked up my cutting torch today. The family came along for the 3 hour ride. Although I was not planning on doing much else today I did put 3 coats of sealer down in the patio. Hoping to get the fence knocked out on a 1/2 day Friday and a 1/2 day Saturday. Also picked up a butt load of patio furniture for Jenn today. Tables, chairs, umbrella, etc. The pre 360 list is still long but getting shorter every week. Just trying to stay focused and work my tail off getting there.
Oooo... with all that patio furniture out there it's going to be difficult to SUI!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #967
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Another HOT weekend. Got a half day in Friday. Jenn worked Saturday and Sunday. I was able to get 4 hours in yesterday and another 5 in today.

First off here is the patio ready to be enjoyed.

Got the rear portion of the fence wrapped up. (Hope the neighbor does not notice I land grabbed about 7 inches! )

Next was on to the other leaning fence on the left side of my yard. My neighbor on the left side moved in about a year ago. She did not have her whole yard fenced so she payed a "handy man" to fence it all in. At that time she said if I took down my fence she would pay to have it rebuilt. At was busy at the time doing something on the jeep so I declined in a nice way and said I did not currently have time. She went ahead and put a fence up on her side of my fence. The great thing is that she installed it about 2 feet off my fence. My plan there was to wait a while then take mine down and gain a extra foot on that side.

Did some tree trimming and removed the entire run of my fence on that side. The poles took forever to dig out.

On all the fence demo I unscrewed and reused the majority of the old fence boards. When I started taking down that section I made a surprise discovery. The jack leg handy man who installed here new high $ fence was to lazy to make his 2x4 terminations fall on the actual post. Instead he just let them fall where did and then "spliced" them together with a tiny little piece of wood. The only reason it has not started to bow yet is that he also installed the fence boards directly on the ground so they are carrying some of the load.

I went ahead used some 2x2's and scabbed on the tops and bottoms of the splices. They are untreated but should last as long as I will be here. I guess I could have ripped down some treaded 2x4's.. Not the best repair, but short of installing additional post at the splices it was the best I could do.

Got started putting the fence boards back up on her fence and called it quits around 6.

I got 2 full days to work next weekend and am hoping to get the rest of the fence up, make a few small repairs on the other 2 sides, and then apply a stain to it all.

Also wanted to share something else I am quite proud of that only a few here know. I was a skinny guy most of my life until 5 years ago when I blew a knee out skiing. That year I put on 40lbs and the next four years another 20lbs making my 250lbs at 6' 1". Two and a half months ago I finally decided enough was enough and went on a strict diet and exercise plan. I was really time, at 40 years old and 250 I just knew that if something did not change I would likely be a great candidate for type 2 diabetes. As of yesterday I now weigh 211, making it 39lbs in 45 days.

My goal is 190 so I still have 21 to got. No worries!!

Well that enough non jeep stuff for now. Going to bed to dream about being done the yard and installing a 360....
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #968
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Another HOT weekend. Got a half day in Friday. Jenn worked Saturday and Sunday. I was able to get 4 hours in yesterday and another 5 in today.

First off here is the patio ready to be enjoyed.

Got the rear portion of the fence wrapped up. (Hope the neighbor does not notice I land grabbed about 7 inches! )

Next was on to the other leaning fence on the left side of my yard. My neighbor on the left side moved in about a year ago. She did not have her whole yard fenced so she payed a "handy man" to fence it all in. At that time she said if I took down my fence she would pay to have it rebuilt. At was busy at the time doing something on the jeep so I declined in a nice way and said I did not currently have time. She went ahead and put a fence up on her side of my fence. The great thing is that she installed it about 2 feet off my fence. My plan there was to wait a while then take mine down and gain a extra foot on that side.

Did some tree trimming and removed the entire run of my fence on that side. The poles took forever to dig out.

On all the fence demo I unscrewed and reused the majority of the old fence boards. When I started taking down that section I made a surprise discovery. The jack leg handy man who installed here new high $ fence was to lazy to make his 2x4 terminations fall on the actual post. Instead he just let them fall where did and then "spliced" them together with a tiny little piece of wood. The only reason it has not started to bow yet is that he also installed the fence boards directly on the ground so they are carrying some of the load.

I went ahead used some 2x2's and scabbed on the tops and bottoms of the splices. They are untreated but should last as long as I will be here. I guess I could have ripped down some treaded 2x4's.. Not the best repair, but short of installing additional post at the splices it was the best I could do.

Got started putting the fence boards back up on her fence and called it quits around 6.

I got 2 full days to work next weekend and am hoping to get the rest of the fence up, make a few small repairs on the other 2 sides, and then apply a stain to it all.

Also wanted to share something else I am quite proud of that only a few here know. I was a skinny guy most of my life until 5 years ago when I blew a knee out skiing. That year I put on 40lbs and the next four years another 20lbs making my 250lbs at 6' 1". Two and a half months ago I finally decided enough was enough and went on a strict diet and exercise plan. I was really time, at 40 years old and 250 I just knew that if something did not change I would likely be a great candidate for type 2 diabetes. As of yesterday I now weigh 211, making it 39lbs in 45 days.

My goal is 190 so I still have 21 to got. No worries!!

Well that enough non jeep stuff for now. Going to bed to dream about being done the yard and installing a 360....
I'm 61, 6'4" and weighed 265 several monts ago, down to 250 and want to keep losing. It is tuff, good for you.

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #969
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Way to go MoC! The patio looks dang good. I won't show it to Beth... I'm sure you understand! Congrats on the weight loss... very difficult to do. I'm proud of you.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #970
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Way to go, MoC! The patio looks nice, especially the custom wall lighting !

When I was in my mid 40's, my waist line was pushing 40", and I weighed 238 lbs. I'm meant to be a thin guy. When I got results of my bloodwork back, and my total cholesterol was 264, I decided that this was it.

I changed my eating habits and started working out 6 days a week. In 7 months, I lost 70 lbs. I did it the RIGHT way. No fad diets, etc.

I enjoyed the journey so much that I became a certified personal trainer, and helped others get healthy.

After seeing your dedication to everything else, there's no doubt in my mind that you'll reach your goals.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #971
Turtle71
1983 CJ7 

Great job on both counts! Like Rich, I have been a trainer before. The last 10lbs or so will probably be the most difficult, but I'm sure you will be fine. Its little tweaks that will make a difference.
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #972
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Well another 2 weekends of progress. Got the fence mostly put back up last weekend. Took friday off and got the rest of the fence boards installed, replaced about 30 on the portion of the fence that did not come down, and did a little work to the gates to tighten them up. Also suprised my favorite 6 year old and picked her up from summer daycare in the jeep.
Yet another weekend of Jenn working but even with the kidos i got some work done. Pressure washed the whole thing yesterday and sprayed it with some Olympic Solid Color Stain today. Two coats & almost 10 gallons. Only took about 2 hours from when u pulled the paint rig out till I had it cleaned and up. The stuff is pretty pricey... $166 per 5 gallon.
Hoping to get some brick work done and replace a rotted window sill and gutter this week and paint the back half of the house next weekend. We are planing on painting the house in a few months and can't decide it the shop color is to blue sooo... going to spray just the backyard half to make sure we like the color before I do the rest....
image-2900769765.jpg   image-1084025048.jpg   image-1310850053.jpg   image-1050859971.jpg  
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #973
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Wow, what a difference!

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #974
1983 CJ7 

Lemme help you out buddy.....

Unread 06-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #975
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

That's not nice Dave. Don't take that crap from him MoC, although technically you started it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.