MoC's Build Thread - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #916
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

I feel your pain, MoC. It sucks when life gets in the way of our Jeepin'!!!

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #917
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Still not much happing in my Jeep Life... My patio has been slow going and I still have a list of honey do's to get knocked out before I put the 360 in. I probably have about 5 more hours of laying and cutting brick and I will be moving on to the fence. With Jenn working at least 2 weekends a month my project time has been cut down drastically.

Funny story... Last night I was hanging out at another forum members house. When the wifey works she and the kids are in bed my 9:30pm so I have a little get out time here and there. So late last night we were chilling and watching tv. I was playing on the phone and found a 72 CJ6 for sale on craigslist 4 hours away. 3 speed and a 304. I have never really been a fan of the way the 6 looks but for some reason this one really appealed to me. We both starred at the picture on and off for a few hours and talked about how it would be a cool restore. I have never seen a 6 with original Renegade stickers on it and this on has them. Got myself all psyched up to want to buy it. Called the guy this morning. He was asking $1500 for it and bought it a year ago as a project and never moved forward. It "ran" then but smoked out of one pipe. Has some rust and had been sitting out for a year. Asked him his bottom dollar and he came down to $1000 right away. Now I was really in to it and decided I needed to own it. I mean I already have my 86 which I have not had time to work on, my parts 80 which I have not have time to take apart yet so whats one more right?? Got the approval with the wife as long as I were to take down one of the waggy grills of the outside of the shop. She even said if I wanted to take the kids for the ride I could go get it today. So I am still exited as all get out then... I texted a picture of it to Bill so he could see my new desire. He responded that it looked like a 5 not a 6. What?!? Sure enough I looked at the picture again and its a fricken 5!! After all the looking and dreaming I did last night neither my friend or I realized it was really a 5.

So now my dreams are crushed and I feel a little dumber. But I did learn two things from all this. I still dont like the way the 6 looks and I guess I only really liked this one because it was really a 5 and if I wanted another keeper jeep all I have to do is take down a waggy art front.

If anyone is looking for a $1000 72 CJ5 in Baton Rouge that looks mostly there here it is.. http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/3008613802.html
72-cj6.jpg  
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #918
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

That is funny MoC!!! Was there alcohol involved while admiring your future 6? Did you tell the guy he did not have a 6? If you take down both can you get two more Jeeps?
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #919
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Something about the back looks a little longer than normal.. camera angle?

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #920
1983 CJ7 

Dude, go get the 5 and build it cheap!

BTW, pepper plants are growing good and I posted pic's in my build thread.
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #921
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
That is funny MoC!!! Was there alcohol involved while admiring your future 6? Did you tell the guy he did not have a 6? If you take down both can you get two more Jeeps?
Paul my vision may have been a little blurred at that point. I kep telling Brady that I never liked the way the 6 looked because of where the roll bar was but THIS one looks just right!! I did call him back and let him know it was a 5. He said when he bought it that he was told it was a 6. Also said he parked a friends 5 next to it and could never figure out the differance and that they were the same lenght. We talked for a bit, real nice guy and it turned out he knows a buddy of mine in Baton Rouge.

Not going to take both down, have to draw the line somewhere! I really like the first on I did which was the 77 and comes close to matching my shops new paint job. The brown one I honestly think it kind of ugly and it is now over where the new patio is growing. I had been thinking about removing it anyway but now can play "oh I love it" and use it as a little leverage for something with the wifey.
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #922
DutchJPR
1986 CJ7 

ow boy......... it is that itīs so far away........... shipping to me will at least double the price.....

Cool find do.... hopefully it will find a good home. Spread the word!
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #923
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Something about the back looks a little longer than normal.. camera angle?
Must be the angle. The 6 has 20 extra inches (the John Holmes of Jeeps ) between the rear wheel opening and the door opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Dude, go get the 5 and build it cheap!

BTW, pepper plants are growing good and I posted pic's in my build thread.
It is a good looking intermediate 5, I really liked the color and sticker package, but going to pass. I think it was the coolness of a 6 that I though looked good plus the combo of paint and sticker package that did it for me. Now that its just a 5 I am not as interested.
Unread 05-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #924
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Ya doesn't have to call me Luc, ya doesn't have ta call me dog. Ya doesn't even hav ta call me Billy. Or even Lucdog. Ya does hav ta call me the Dream crusher. Hahaha.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #925
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Ya doesn't have to call me Luc, ya doesn't have ta call me dog. Ya doesn't even hav ta call me Billy. Or even Lucdog. Ya does hav ta call me the Dream crusher. Hahaha.

Bill
Dream crusher has a nice ring to it but I think I like "Old Man" for you more. Just seems to fit.
Unread 05-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #926
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Dream Crusher and Waggy Killer. At least he killed your dream before it was sitting in your driveway!
Unread 05-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #927
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Dream Crusher and Waggy Killer. At least he killed your dream before it was sitting in your driveway!
I would have pretty dumb if I drove 4 hours to get it and then found out it was a little short.
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #928
jakeryii
1967 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
I would have pretty dumb if I drove 4 hours to get it and then found out it was a little short.
lol

(thats all im gonna say bout that)

but looks like ur makin progress on the shop/patio moc
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #929
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Dream crusher has a nice ring to it but I think I like "Old Man" for you more. Just seems to fit.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #930
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well another lost soul made it to my driveway tonight.

1980 CJ 7 iron duke 4 banger, sr4, short shaft d300.

It was here in town only 12 min away from my house. Clean title, got a notary to sign it over. Really really happy with it. Owner had it for 10 years and started taking it apart to restore and lost interest. All the bolts are in little baggies and labeled. Currently the body bolts are already all out and the interior is all out. (seats, seat belts, dash, wiring harness, roll bar, etc. Hard top and doors are in great shape. Likely going to trade the top with mine. Hood is perfect. Frame looks really clean with no rust. One of the door panels is missing. Fenders are done and the windshield frame is gone. Tub has sone rust on the rear corner and under the roll bar but in good shape otherwise. Glass is there and perfect. All the small parts and in great shape. Perfect visors, steering wheel, column, factory side steps. Like I said every original factory piece is present and in good shape. Swing out tire carrier is missing but came with a rear bumper with carrier in it. Every wire on the harness is labeled out.

Asking price was $1950 and picked it up for..... Drum roll please.... $800.
image-1318303382.jpg   image-524647915.jpg   image-2735976629.jpg   image-2047515212.jpg   image-870302076.jpg  

image-1816457220.jpg   image-2858619646.jpg   image-1293604654.jpg   image-4271540453.jpg   image-1073183859.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.