MoC's Build Thread - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #361
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

MoC, great score and a good sounding motor for not running much over the years. You're gonna have fun with that one.

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #362
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Sounds great MoC! Wish I had known sooner you were looking for AMC V8 engine mounts because I have a set sitting in my garage I pulled off the frame I bought. Would have given them to you for shipping.
Thanks for offering Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglekeeper View Post
MoC, great score and a good sounding motor for not running much over the years. You're gonna have fun with that one.
Yeah Jody, its has been high 90's low 100's here the last 2 weeks. I can think of some other words becides "fun!"

Unread 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #363
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well after playing all weekend on my jeep art #2 project ready to get a moving. Planning on pulling the 360 next weekend and then getting rid of the waggy carcass is next on the list.
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #364
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Made a little progress the last two days with 10 minutes here and there. Working on getting the engine ready to pull. About all I have left is to cut the pipes right past the manifolds, unbolt the tranny, and unbolt the motor mounts, pull the carb. Looks like I am able to take off Friday so planning on pulling it then.

Also decided the when I pull the 258 going to pull the tranny and tcase again as well. With the blow by I have been getting they have some oil on them. I spent so much time on their rebuild and paint I just want to wipe them all back down good. Will add maybe 4 hours to my project.
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #365
Gregg79CJ7304
2012 JK Wrangler 

right on. keep us posted.
Gregg79CJ7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #366
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! Hope everything goes well.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #367
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Gees I missed a lot. Way to go MoC!! I feel for you on the temps... we hit 106* today!! Send us some rain!

BTW- I think you should keep it garnet. That color has really grown on me and looks good.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #368
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Gees I missed a lot. Way to go MoC!! I feel for you on the temps... we hit 106* today!! Send us some rain!

BTW- I think you should keep it garnet. That color has really grown on me and looks good.
I have been leaning that way for about a week now as well. It has also grown on me. I might paint the engine bay area black as a "just in case" I change my mind.

Anyone have pictures of a gloss black engine bay with a clean V8 in it? I know it will make it a little harder to see leaks when they first start.

Made a little progress this morning, getting ready to have to go to work now. Got the manifolds off, rest of the fluids drained and clutch fan off. So other than removing the carb for the lift plate, removing the tranny bolts, and removing the motor mount bolts she is ready to come out. Think I am also going to pull and bag all the front end accessories before I pull it just to make it a little lighter on my engine stand and easier to wrench on any stuck bolts.
100_2447.jpg  
Unread 06-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #369
Turtle71
1983 CJ7 

+1 on leaving it garnet. I think your color combo looks good! I would keep the engine compartment garnet as well.
Unread 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #370
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Just as a side thought about the engine bay... Clay and I are going to do his with a spatter paint. Also the underside of the hood and under the fenders. To me, it gives an industrial, generic look that would probably match any paint scheme. Just a thought...

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #371
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Thought about that or POR 15. LSUtiger did his in black POR15 and it looks good, I just like the gloss look better.

Got a few weeks to figure it out.
Unread 06-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #372
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well made some good progress today. Spent about 4 hours total working on it including cleaning up. Got the 360 front accessories broken down pretty good and carb off. Installed the lift plate, removed the tranny and engine mount bolts then yanked it out.

Got it set up on my engine stand.

Next weekend my TOP #1 BIG PRIORITY is to bring this to the scrap yard. $100 bucks a ton.

Had it listed on ISFJA and here for $200 and no takers. Oh well.

On a different note drove the jeep this am to Lowe's and all was fine. Got in it to drive it there again this afternoon and my brake pedal went soft. I am really hopping I am losing compression / vac in the 258 causing the breaks not to work. Really don't want to have to stop on this for a week to do break work....
Unread 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #373
duckbone

I doubt it, if you lost vacuum your pedal should get hard to push because the booster won't be working.
duckbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #374
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

MoC I'm really surprised you didn't get any takers on the Waggy. The axles are worth that. As soon as you haul it off somebody will want it too. Don't blame you for wanting to clean the driveway out though.

Don't know what kind of booster you have but if you'd like one off the YJ I still have it. Cost will be shipping on your dime. It's not a dual diaphram though, since it came off a 4 cylinder.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #375
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
MoC I'm really surprised you didn't get any takers on the Waggy. The axles are worth that. As soon as you haul it off somebody will want it too. Don't blame you for wanting to clean the driveway out though.

Don't know what kind of booster you have but if you'd like one off the YJ I still have it. Cost will be shipping on your dime. It's not a dual diaphram though, since it came off a 4 cylinder.
Thanks for the offer Jim, I am currently running a Navajo booster from Off Again Auto.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.