MoC's Build Thread - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #196
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

MoC you hubs sure look good. You sure are putting some detail effort into your work that sets it aside! Keep it up man, I like seeing it.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #197
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Yeah, Dude... you're shaming me!!! Super-duper MoC.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #198
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Well I guess your right about that.... Ha.. Just had a idea.. Will change it tommorow when the sun is back up for a new picture.. Stay tuned...
Ok, still tuned...

Nice work on the hubs. Looks like a nice weekend to get out and put some miles on your CJ

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #199
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well no new avatar yet, but I have a fun idea just need my wife to snap the picture.

Anyway stuck my hubs on yesterday.

Last picture with the top on this year.

Then off the top went for the year. Like a ground hog, a CJ owner with the top off is a good indication that the winters over!

Got to go for a great 30 minute drive around town as the sun was going down. So glad the top is gone. I can notice such a difference in the way it drives / handles with the top off.

If know one has ever noticed check out all my wheel weights from balancing the tires.
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #200
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Hubs look gay!

Ha Ha Ha..................................... My wife whacked me and said that's not polite. Sorry MoC... I'm laughing... MAO. Just kidding with you. I think they look very good.

If you lose the gun in your avatar that means we're all gonna have to change from a gun!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #201
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Outstanding! Simply outstanding! I love the 2 color scheme where black is everywhere but the tub...I hope we get to see some action shots in the near future....
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #202
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Hey MOC can you take some pics of your front bumper for me. It looks like the stock bumper but how did you mount those loops for the D-rings?
Unread 03-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #203
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Hubs look gay!

Ha Ha Ha..................................... My wife whacked me and said that's not polite. Sorry MoC... I'm laughing... MAO. Just kidding with you. I think they look very good.

If you lose the gun in your avatar that means we're all gonna have to change from a gun!
Post Reported......

Ha just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
Outstanding! Simply outstanding! I love the 2 color scheme where black is everywhere but the tub...I hope we get to see some action shots in the near future....
Well before the action shots I need drive shaft work. My front is bent and I did not reinstall it. Both are a little short as well after my lift. I am going to get both of them re tubed for around $140 each. Wifey said no more money towards the jeep for while so I will have to wait a few months before doing them.
Unread 03-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #204
SeaWulf
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
So glad the top is gone. I can notice such a difference in the way it drives / handles with the top off.
yeah, it's surprising how much of a difference it makes, eh?

nice jeep/thread
SeaWulf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #205
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Here is the link for the d-ring mounts I have installed.

But all is not as seams. My bumper, which the PO installed, is a TJ stock bumper and even still had the bumper ends and bumperets on when I got it.

I am planing on getting Eddie to build me some bumpers in the future but they have not been in the jeep budget yet. So in the mean time I did what I could to secure the TJ bumper in place and get some recovery points. The whole thing is pretty secure, but I have not yanked on it yet. Since the TJ frame is taller the bumper does not perfectly fit. I had to do some cutting on the bottom to clear around the shackles and had to drill new holes in the bottom on the bumper. I secured the top first and then put the bottoms in, bending the bottom lip up. The d-ring brackets I had to drill holes for. I installed them as close to the frame where the bumper is attached.

It should stay in place when yanked on, but for now the plan is just don't get stuck! 36's 4.88's and lockers should get me where I want to go for now.
Unread 03-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #206
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Thanks Moc, I just got a Jeep $$$$ talking from the wife too. Looks like I will haveto wait on the d-ring mounts but they look cool on your rig
Unread 03-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #207
benullman
1981 CJ7 

hey MOC, would you mind giving me a bottom of the bumper/frame rail in the front and back measurement? I.E. from grounf to bumper?

I am hoping I can get 38s under my JEEP and be street legal in VA. I need to stay under 32"

Ben
Unread 03-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #208
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
hey MOC, would you mind giving me a bottom of the bumper/frame rail in the front and back measurement? I.E. from grounf to bumper?

I am hoping I can get 38s under my JEEP and be street legal in VA. I need to stay under 32"

Ben

I am 27 3/4 at the front, 28 1/2 at the rear, and 24 in the middle
Unread 03-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #209
MoC
1986 CJ7 

So took advantage of my kids desire to play outside today. Mommy is at work so we spent some time outside washing the jeep town top to bottom. Also pulled the inspection cover and this is the extent of my leak. Has not dripped once on the ground and there is no oil pooling in the bellhousing. It appears to be seeping down the back side of the inspection cover. I guess I will drive it for another week or so and then pull the pan and change the seal once more. Thats after a few hours of driving some at 70 ish.
100_9615.jpg   100_9618.jpg   100_9620.jpg  
Unread 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #210
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
I am 27 3/4 at the front, 28 1/2 at the rear, and 24 in the middle
ok thank you! Looks like 38s should be no problem! Im not going to do much wheeling so rubbing shouldnt be an issue.

Ben

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.