MoC's Build Thread - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #181
VEX
1983 CJ7 

Fabulous photo montage, MoC. Well done and so good to see the actual mods and addons and work. You're gonna love NM.........ha!

more, more, more,

Robert

VEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #182
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Drake View Post
Thant should be a relatively easy fix
Well easy yes but 2.5 - 3 hours of work to support the bell house, pull the passenger motor mount, pull the pan, clean and put it all back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB View Post
I'm hoping it isn't the RMS

My CJ is spewing it out from there lol. Be ashame to dirty up all that clean work you've done Moc!!
Yeah I am 100% for sure not going to let it dirty up my work. It is soooo small and does not drip that I am not worried about that yet. Guess I just need to pull the inspection cover and see if its pooling or not. If so I am going to pull it if not I might let it ride for a bit. After 3 months of being down I am ready for a break on working on that.

I am thinking its about time to pull the hardtop as well so I might do that this weekend. I also really need to do a good wash inside and out.

Lets see, also parts I currently have to install.... new speedo cable, defroster light which is damaged, new head light, ash tray, new lighter, knee duct, new plastic glove box. Also want to touch up a few scratches from installation. I guess it never stops......
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #183
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Well easy yes but 2.5 - 3 hours of work to support the bell house, pull the passenger motor mount, pull the pan, clean and put it all back up.

Yeah I am 100% for sure not going to let it dirty up my work. It is soooo small and does not drip that I am not worried about that yet. Guess I just need to pull the inspection cover and see if its pooling or not. If so I am going to pull it if not I might let it ride for a bit. After 3 months of being down I am ready for a break on working on that.

I am thinking its about time to pull the hardtop as well so I might do that this weekend. I also really need to do a good wash inside and out.

Lets see, also parts I currently have to install.... new speedo cable, defroster light which is damaged, new head light, ash tray, new lighter, knee duct, new plastic glove box. Also want to touch up a few scratches from installation. I guess it never stops......
I hear you on wanting to drive it, that's where I'm at with mine! So much that needs to be done but it's time I actually enjoy it, if not I may go Charlie Sheen!!

Pulling the ole heater core tomorrow, after that just add a couple quarts of oil every now and then haha
Unread 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #184
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Things are looking great there MoC. I think I'd take a look at what's under the cover too. That may very well be all you see for a long time. You've done some nice work on your CJ!

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #185
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well had a little play time today..

Installed new speedo cable, new tcase vent line, new fan and defroster indicator lamps, replaced two burnt out speedo lights. Also my defroster pull knob was loose so I JB welded it to the pull cable. Next I was going to pull the inspection cover to see if there was any oil pooling from my tiney tinny little oil seep. But that did not seem as much fun as messing with my hubs. Pretty happy with how they turned out.
Pulled them apart and cleaned them. Coat of primer, 2 coats silver, 2 coats blue, 3 coats clear on top.
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #186
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

those look fantastic!!
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #187
caseman580
1976 CJ7 

Hubs look good. That there inspired me to do mine.
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #188
MoC
1986 CJ7 

After I primed and painted the silver I also put 2 coats of clear on before the blue. I had the blue left over from my oil pan. I sprayed the blue in to a spray can top and used a brush to paint the blue inside the hub. After each coat of blue I sprayed a little brake cleaner on a clean rag to wipe off the little bits of blue over brush from on top of the hub on the silver surface. With the clear on it wiped right off and did not smear it in with the silver.
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #189
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

you need to change your avatar to something more appropriate...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #190
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
you need to change your avatar to something more appropriate...
You dont like? I think it represents the love / hate relationship my CJ and I have.
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #191
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I liked it very much right up to the point where you put everything back together (beautifully I might add) and got her running...I have sensed nothing but love from you and your CJ since page 11 post #157!!
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #192
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Well I guess your right about that.... Ha.. Just had a idea.. Will change it tommorow when the sun is back up for a new picture.. Stay tuned...
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #193
VEX
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Well I guess your right about that.... Ha.. Just had a idea.. Will change it tommorow when the sun is back up for a new picture.. Stay tuned...

I absolutely love your avatar and it is perfect. I just replace your hand shooter with my 12 gauge, a few times aimed at VEX's face when he f__ks up as he often does for no apparent reason. I also threaten VEX that he will be reduced and remade into a Honda Civic. He pulls himself together shortly thereafter, sobered, visibly shaken.

Good!

I love it!!

Robert
VEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #194
1983 CJ7 

The hubs look brand new, great job!

Unread 03-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #195
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Thanks Dave!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.