MoC's Build Thread - Page 128 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #1906
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC
I was actually thinking about you up there. I the other party was a 58 year old lady who had a lung removed 11 months ago. She brought oxygen but never used it.
Me thinks a number of JF members think about VACJ7 more than he knows.

Warms my heart to see him posting.

Bill

1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #1907
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Almost forgot.. My favorite jeep of the day goes to this yellow fellow.

I see more jeeps a day here than I see all month back home.

Unread 07-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1908
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

Thats some awesome pics of you and the family beautiful country up there one day I will make it there. Thanks for all the pics keep them coming.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #1909
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
I see more jeeps a day here than I see all month back home.
That supports my theory about why places like Texas and Louisiana can support such high prices for vintage Jeeps: there just aren't many of them here, probably because they weren't needed so much for practical off-road use.
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #1910
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Great pictures brother. Looks like you and the family had a great time
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #1911
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

beautiful pictures, love the colors. Thanks for sharing! Totally different mountains than what we have here in the PNW.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #1912
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
Great pictures brother. Looks like you and the family had a great time
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsAndaGuy View Post
beautiful pictures, love the colors. Thanks for sharing! Totally different mountains than what we have here in the PNW.
Thanks Guys!
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #1913
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Went on a nice day hike today. Started at Maroon Lake and made the hike up to Crater Lake. Not a very difficult hike but was fun. 4.2 miles round trip and it only goes up 600 feet to and elevation of 10350 feet.

Its the first real hike the kiddos have been on and I must say they all champed. I knew Gabby would do fine, but I was a little worried about Liam. I was Gabby's age (7) the first time I made this hike and Liam is only 4. He is a rock star. Took up 2 hours up and 2 down. We ate lunch at Crater and spend around 30 min up there. Rained on and off a little.

The only real disappointment was that my mom only made it about 1/2 before deciding she could go no further. She and my dad turned back. I think this might have been her last hike. I noticed she struggled last year on our little hikes. I guess older age has caught up.

Picking up our rental jeeps tomorrow morning and heading to Leadville to ride over Mosquito Pass.

No jeep of the day today. Didn't see anything special.

Unread 07-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #1914
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #1915
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Wow, MoC... pretty sobering thinking of the "last hike", but I doubt I could do that myself. When you look at your pics of you and the kids it gives perfect definition to "carrying on a generation". Teaching/showing your kids the values you share, the experiences of a lifetime... something that they, too, God willing the country is still free at that time, will pass on to THEIR kids, all because your parents shared it with you. Tradition, Brother... a powerful thing. Makes me smile "watching" you share with your family. There is NOTHING more rewarding than that.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #1916
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

^^What Scott said^^

MoC, you've got it all, my friend. All the beautiful pictures make me feel like I've gone on a trip there!

Wouldn't you like to own the only home on that lake, and wake up to that view every day? No landscaping necessary!!

Thanks for sharing.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #1917
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Wow, MoC... pretty sobering thinking of the "last hike", but I doubt I could do that myself. When you look at your pics of you and the kids it gives perfect definition to "carrying on a generation". Teaching/showing your kids the values you share, the experiences of a lifetime... something that they, too, God willing the country is still free at that time, will pass on to THEIR kids, all because your parents shared it with you. Tradition, Brother... a powerful thing. Makes me smile "watching" you share with your family. There is NOTHING more rewarding than that.
My parents are both in their 70's so we figured it was coming. Thanks for the kind words Scott, and you are 100% correct about values and tradition. I hope I can visit here with my kids kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixcj View Post
^^What Scott said^^

MoC, you've got it all, my friend. All the beautiful pictures make me feel like I've gone on a trip there!

Wouldn't you like to own the only home on that lake, and wake up to that view every day? No landscaping necessary!!

Thanks for sharing.

Rich
Rich I have thought about finding a way to move here everyday for years. We have already booked the room for next year.
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #1918
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Another great day high on the mountain..

Picked up our rental jeeps at 7:30 this AM. We got 2 2013's 2 doors JK Rubicons and headed out to Leadville to drive Mosquito Pass. First time I have driven this pass and it was WONDERFUL. Its pretty high at 13,185. Leadville is over 10,000 so we were pretty close to being above the tree line from the get go. The wild flowers were in full bloom.

Ride was nice and rockey and the switch backs were nice and tight.

Hit the top of the pass and did lunch.
]

Had a guy in a nice looking JK come up behind us with a guy in a ATV. When he went to start nothing. Relays started clicking, no lights, no horn. Looks like the alternator went and the battery died. His friend went down for cables, I told him they needed a battery to get down so they could check the alternator but they thought better. Hope they made it...

Headed down the pass in to Alma. On the way down found the North London mine and a little further down the mill. The signs said it was the first mine in Colorado to use a over head tram to bring the ore down to the mill.

Was a long trip but well worth it. We did around 200 miles round trip.
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #1919
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7
I think only you and I got that :-)
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #1920
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
I think only you and I got that :-)
I have been laughing about it all day!! I am SO GLAD you finally said something! I am laughing about it right now. One of my all time favorite scenes, and one of the best two word lines in cinematic history. Hysterical.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.