MoC's Build Thread - Page 119 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 05-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #1771
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Is that a stack of chrome wheels with hubs?

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #1772
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever
That's the first thing that caught my eye. My search continues for a set and even considered trading a mint set of full doors for a set.
Anyways, nice score on the parts. I also hope everything works out with the family and recovery from the accident.....
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #1773
OrangeCJ-5

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Two thoughts came to mind:
1) These are not the chrome wheels you are looking for. Move along, move along.
2) Please ignore the stacks of chrome wheels. Nothing to see here.

Curious MoC:
Why the plans to disassemble the engines?
OrangeCJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #1774
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

My back hurts just seeing those two transfer cases there. Congrats on the haul! When are you going to get Jen's CJ working as a daily driver?
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #1775
1983 CJ7 

Nice haul

How in Jen doing after the freeway derby?
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #1776
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Ohhh what Orange said...

Yeah I have 13 right now. 9 of them are 15x7's and the other 4 are 15x8's. I am just hording them currently. I want to get 5 perfect ones to put back on the Laredo and will likely hold on to the others for future projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
nice score on the parts. I also hope everything works out with the family and recovery from the accident.....
Thanks Steve, I really do appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCJ-5 View Post
Curious MoC:
Why the plans to disassemble the engines?
Whole engines take up to much space and I can make more taking them apart and selling the pieces, than selling them as unknown engines. I was told the 258 was pulled running on a engine swap a year ago and ran great, the 304 ran 3-4 years ago and he doesn't remember what shape it was in. Who really knows and I don't want to sell a bum engine to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
My back hurts just seeing those two transfer cases there. Congrats on the haul! When are you going to get Jen's CJ working as a daily driver?
If you look hard its actually 4 in the pile. 3 dana 20's and a quadra-trac with low range. The quadra-trac is sure one heavy sucker!! I have decided the Laredo is to far gone to want to "patch" into a daily driver and I just dont have time for it this summer or winter. So she will sit in the carport. My free time between now and vacation is already spoken for with house projects and after the house projects are wrapped up at the end of the summer I am going to do the body work, family bar, and finish the paint on mine as one big project. After than I am thinking about doing a frame off on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Nice haul

How in Jen doing after the freeway derby?
Popping the ribs back in place seems to have done the trick on the shoulder, arm, wrist pain. Her back still hurts everyday. As of now all the xrays, scans, etc look good as far a damage so the plans are going to a chiropractor 2 times a week for a while and seeing what happens next.

Well.... Had a guy come buy and buy a t150, d20, and hei dizzy this morning. I am feeling lazy and decided not to break down an engine today. Going to cut the grass and hang in the a/c with the kids.

MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #1777
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Popping the ribs back in place seems to have done the trick on the shoulder, arm, wrist pain. Her back still hurts everyday. As of now all the xrays, scans, etc look good as far a damage so the plans are going to a chiropractor 2 times a week for a while and seeing what happens next.

Well.... Had a guy come buy and buy a t150, d20, and hei dizzy this morning. I am feeling lazy and decided not to break down an engine today. Going to cut the grass and hang in the a/c with the kids.

It all sounds painful but I am a wuss with pain, hope she feels better soon.

Just finished cutting the grass and digging out a lot of 5' tall clump grass out of the back door flower bed.

Sat down in the AC and downed two Shiner FM 966 farmhouse ale's and a plate full of smoked black bass and hominy. Both kids (young women at 17 and 18 I hate to admit) are working. I rarely see them, they graduate a week from Friday and move to their own duplex July 1'st...enjoy the young ones while you can
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #1778
Turtle71
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
I may be borderline hording...

I think about contacting you every time I see a CJ being parted of just a stockpile of stuff. But then I remember it will probably be too much of a drive. Nice way to create extra income and/or Jeep money.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #1779
wm69

Quote:
Because of those set backs I caught 4o clock and rush hour traffic through Fayeteville and Fort Smith. There was also way too much road construction and i found myself creeping between 15mph and 35mph through this while rush hour was kicking...

Ew, I feel for you. Used to take me 45 mins to go 8 miles home every day when I lived in Fayetteville, most of which was me pounding on the steering wheel and screaming at the idiots trying to weave in and out of traffic like they were going somewhere in that bumper to bumper crap.

Moved back to the sticks and love it.

Glad you made it home ok. Looks like a great haul you got there.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1780
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Project hot summer II kicked off this weekend. Sorry to say jeep working is for the most part done for the summer.

Replaced the laundry room exterior door this weekend. The orignal door was a 1940's wooden thin exterior door. To thin to fit modern locking hardware in and it had a large sheet of glass in it.

Made a hole and found some rot.

Filled the hole.

Next up is re glazing 8 wooden windows and fixing a decent amount of decay in 4.
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #1781
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I bet your wife loves you! That's great work, MoC. Is that the side door? I'm thinking deck.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #1782
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Nice fix bro. Scott! Take it easy dog! MoC has enough on his plate without you adding to it. A deck would look good there though...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #1783
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Its the side door that opens up directly to the driveway, so no deck here :-(. The window repairs will be long, hard, and not very rewarding other the just being done. After the windows I have around a 5x7 porch roof to build complete with columns and railings. That will be fun for me. Then just paint the front 2/3's of the house that I didn't do last summer. Basically non stop exterior work for the next 2 months that hopefully will be done before vacation.

As far as vacation goes driving back to Colorado again. Two nine hour days driving there, 2 nights in Durango, a day in Ouray, then 6 nights in Aspen, two 9 hour days driving back. While there I have 2 days of jeeping planed. The stop in Ouray is to go on a 1/2 jeep tour with San Jaun Jeep tours. They are going to take up to Yankee Boy Basin
. Later while in Aspen we are going to do our second jeep trip. Going to head up to Leadville and drive up Mosquits Pass
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #1784
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Buddy, I know the feelin'. I want/need to move into this-

by September! Sweat equity is ALWAYS worth it though. Even when you don't "see" it. Rock on MoC.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #1785
arkiemurph
1985 CJ7 

MoC, you have a good straight hood?

Murph

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.