MoC's Build Thread - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #1651
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert, CO
Posts: 10,015
I actually had mine leak-free for about 2 weeks after I got her all put back together. I even changed the cardboard on my garage floor because I wasn't convinced.

Fortunately, a few minor seeps have begun to appear, so I know the Ol' Girl is normal, again.

Matt

Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #1652
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam
 
Ken4444's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 4,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
I actually had mine leak-free for about 2 weeks after I got her all put back together. I even changed the cardboard on my garage floor because I wasn't convinced. Fortunately, a few minor seeps have begun to appear, so I know the Ol' Girl is normal, again.
After replacing 7 leaky components on my CJ (oil pan gasket, rear differential gasket, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, inner axle oil seals), I can report that all of those leaks have been fixed. The one thing I have never been able to successfully fix is the leaking valve cover gasket. That's the one last thing that ends up leaving a couple of drips on the cardboard each night, but overall I"m very happy with the progress. I can live with a few slow drips.
__________________
"I give you a republic, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
Ken4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #1653
MoC
Web Wheeler
 
MoC's Avatar
1986 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The otherside of your monitor...
Posts: 5,649
National called today and they finished rebuild the 2150 core they found... Guess what????? It runs on their engine with the spacers I sent them. So I was not crazy after all.. There was something wrong that neither them or I could figure out. I will caulk it up to "Space Magic." Newest one is being shipped out tomorrow.


I will add this. National has been great through all of this. Top notch company. Since they service so many large accounts like Napa, Autozone etc I was really impressed with how they treated the little guy and how accessible they were.
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #1654
ASteve
Web Wheeler
 
ASteve's Avatar
1972 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nor-Cal, California
Posts: 1,552
Way to go MoC!

That's great news with regards to National too.

SC
__________________
http://www.astevecali.com
ASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #1655
Balvar24
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rock Ridge
Posts: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
After replacing 7 leaky components on my CJ (oil pan gasket, rear differential gasket, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, inner axle oil seals), I can report that all of those leaks have been fixed. The one thing I have never been able to successfully fix is the leaking valve cover gasket. That's the one last thing that ends up leaving a couple of drips on the cardboard each night, but overall I"m very happy with the progress. I can live with a few slow drips.
I completely rebuilt my 258. Didn't leak until after I fired it up. I think I get a little bit out of the weep hole on my fuel pump while I'm driving. Just a drop.
__________________
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #1656
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert, CO
Posts: 10,015
MoC,

Good news on the carb, and kudos to National.

We will soon be able to read about your hunt for the elusive leak-free CJ. Can't wait.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #1657
MoC
Web Wheeler
 
MoC's Avatar
1986 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The otherside of your monitor...
Posts: 5,649
National was cool enough to 2 day air the carb to me and it came in yesterday. Swapped them out today and and went on my first test drive.

Were not in Kansas anymore...

Runs GREAT. Really quiet in the engine bay area (camera makes it sound louder), 16ish PSI at idle when warm, around 18ish rock steady vac reading, and idling nice and smooth. No flat or bog spots in the carb at all.

I still have a few things on the list to button up before I call the 360 swap done but I am pretty much there. Also need to make a run to the muffler shop to redo the ends of the pipes. I do have a strange noise every once in a while. It is very intermittent. A tap tap tap, sounds like its around the oil pan or bell house area but I have not been able to be under the jeep when it makes it.


Happy Happy Happy


MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #1658
lucdog
Web Wheeler
 
lucdog's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: , Il.
Posts: 7,962
__________________
1957 WILLYS pickup, needs work.
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #1659
Skerr
<*////><
 
Skerr's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs, Florida
Posts: 8,797
Well done, MoC!! That thing sounds really good. Sure does run sweet.

Way to be persistent on the carb! I guess nobody ever figured out what exactly was going on? That's kind of freaky! Your Jeep lloks great. how was the test drive? Are you going to be like Mike and break your DS right off the get-go?
__________________
Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #1660
acgcoug
Registered User
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Santa Maria, California
Posts: 246
Looks and sounds gorgeous!!!
__________________
_________________________
Adam's 1979 CJ5 Frame-up build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ad...me-up-1363422/
acgcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #1661
MrBeast
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Livingston/Houston, Montana/Texas
Posts: 557
Glad to see you got her running again, I know it has been a somewhat long road to get there for you.
__________________
[I]"He used to be a pretty nice feller, now he's a welder"[/I]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #1662
rixcj
Web Wheeler
 
rixcj's Avatar
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 1,680
Sounds sweet! You're gonna love the power of the 360...

Rich
__________________
'79 CJ5, AMC 360, t-18/d20 twin stick, dana 30/amc20(Mosers), Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 600, ps/pb, DUI HEI, 'glass tub/1pc. tilt nose, 33x12.50 BFG AT's.

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #1663
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert, CO
Posts: 10,015
Moc,

Woot!! Congrats! Sounds and looks great.

No leaks, no runs, no errors?

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #1664
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!
 
VACJ7's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
National was cool enough to 2 day air the carb to me and it came in yesterday. Swapped them out today and and went on my first test drive.

Were not in Kansas anymore...

Runs GREAT. Really quiet in the engine bay area (camera makes it sound louder), 16ish PSI at idle when warm, around 18ish rock steady vac reading, and idling nice and smooth. No flat or bog spots in the carb at all.

I still have a few things on the list to button up before I call the 360 swap done but I am pretty much there. Also need to make a run to the muffler shop to redo the ends of the pipes. I do have a strange noise every once in a while. It is very intermittent. A tap tap tap, sounds like its around the oil pan or bell house area but I have not been able to be under the jeep when it makes it.

Happy Happy Happy

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ7CRVL1ONw
Money!!!!!
__________________
'84 CJ-7 | REBUILD IN PROGRESS
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #1665
MoC
Web Wheeler
 
MoC's Avatar
1986 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The otherside of your monitor...
Posts: 5,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Well done, MoC!! That thing sounds really good. Sure does run sweet.

Way to be persistent on the carb! I guess nobody ever figured out what exactly was going on? That's kind of freaky! Your Jeep lloks great. how was the test drive? Are you going to be like Mike and break your DS right off the get-go?
National never figured out what was wrong with it. Test drive was great and still have the driveshaft intact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgcoug View Post
Looks and sounds gorgeous!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Glad to see you got her running again, I know it has been a somewhat long road to get there for you.
Long Long road.. It was just about 1 year and 9 months ago that the engine was pulled from the waggy and the first stage started. Its been 4 months since the 258 was pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixcj View Post
Sounds sweet! You're gonna love the power of the 360...

Rich
Loving the power! When I originally bought this 86 my plans were for a 360. My first jeep in 1990 had a stock 304. About a year after getting it I managed to run it out of oil and lock it up. We swapped in a worn out tired 360. I have to say that this one is much much fresher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Moc,

Woot!! Congrats! Sounds and looks great.

No leaks, no runs, no errors?

Matt
The drop I saw on the bottom of the oil pump has not dripped off yet. Every things running great still. Went for a hour run around town this afternoon. No worries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Money!!!!!
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.