MoC's Build Thread - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 03-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #1636
MoC
1986 CJ7 

One thought I had....

They plugged the passages from the alt. compensator in to the carb base. Maybe they cracked the base when they installed them and it opens up when in my base plate and not on theirs.

Unread 03-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #1637
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

If National Carb can't figure it out, then I doubt any of us stand a chance, either.

Doesn't the 2100 come in the venturi size you need?

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1638
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7
If National Carb can't figure it out, then I doubt any of us stand a chance, either.

Doesn't the 2100 come in the venturi size you need?

Matt
It does but i want to try to find a 2150 first so that I have all the right vac connections in the correct locations.
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #1639
ASteve
Web Wheeler

1972 CJ5 

MoC,

You can have my 2150. It's a 1.08 though. Has a slight leak when you wiggle the throttle at the base plate. Other than that it's in great condition.

It's yours if you want to mess with it.

SC
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #1640
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Vac connections...pfffftt...you can always make them work.

Matt
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #1641
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteve View Post
MoC,

You can have my 2150. It's a 1.08 though. Has a slight leak when you wiggle the throttle at the base plate. Other than that it's in great condition.

It's yours if you want to mess with it.

SC
I really appreciate the offer Steve it is very generous. I have 2 other 2100 1.08's to play with if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Vac connections...pfffftt...you can always make them work.

Matt
Matt I guess I am just stubborn and strong willed. I want my engine to run with the stock carb & stock gaskets because it should. I really pizzes me off that it doesn't now and I must win.

I did have a nice score tonight. I was hanging out at my good friend and jeep buddy's house and raided his collection and scored some free parts.

Walked away with a old style metal spacer plate from a 71 304.

Also got a AMC 2100 1.21 with all the right pieces in all the right locations.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It would be the perfect carb to send to National to have them rebuild but....

[IMG][/IMG]

The ear cracked and it was jb welded over. If I send it to National I am sure the ear will break off when the tumble it to clean it.

The good news is I saw it running on a 304 about 5 years ago so I should be able to bolt it on and go until I get something resolved with the other carb.

So the plan is to install this carb on the 360 and move on adjusting the clutch out and actually driving this more than 30 feet at a crawl.

Should hear back from National tomorrow and find out if they have a 2150 AMC core. If they do they are going to rebuild it and see if it runs on the AMC spacers. If not I will be hunting one down to get to them.

Hoping to have time Saturday to install the newest carb.

MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #1642
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

MoC...I have an MC2150 that came on my '89 360. I had it completely cleaned and rebuilt, but never installed it. The float( also brand new...) might have to be set, though. I was hanging onto it, in case I ever needed it. I run a Holley 600 on My 360, so, I'll probably never use the 2150. I would think that the one that I have could just be installed, without sending it to National Carb...I'm sure we could work something out, if you're interested...

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #1643
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixcj View Post
MoC...I have an MC2150 that came on my '89 360. I had it completely cleaned and rebuilt, but never installed it. The float( also brand new...) might have to be set, though. I was hanging onto it, in case I ever needed it. I run a Holley 600 on My 360, so, I'll probably never use the 2150. I would think that the one that I have could just be installed, without sending it to National Carb...I'm sure we could work something out, if you're interested...

Rich
PM send Rich!
Unread 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #1644
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Nothing really happening around here. National has no clue what is wrong with the carb and are looking for another core to build. It could take a bit of time.

Rich has a 2150 heading my way that will be here Monday. It's clean and rebuilt. Plans are to double check float level and choke settings, clean on it a little more and then roll with it.

If national finds a core I will just stick it on the self for future use. If they can't find one I am going to send the 1.08 2100 that will eventually find its way on the Laredo to them to build.

Installed my mirrors today and a set of courtesy lights I had.

Once the carb is on and dialed in my list is very short.

Install front axle and tcase vents
Tighten e brake back up
Adjust the clutch
Run by Minekee for a little adjustment on the pipes
Work the last little bit of air out the power steering

After that this engine swap is done.

I do have 1 confirmed oil leak. I have a drop on the bottom of one of the oil pump bolts. Think I will wait to tackle that when I do the next oil change as long as it doesn't get big.
image-2132803157.jpg  
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #1645
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Its their, just hard to follow. The green is the return and the red is the fuel line.
Hi MoC. I'm trying to work out the correct mounting for the alternator on my POS 360. I reckon I'm missing some crucial part/bracket. I've tried to see what's up on your engine but I just can't get to where I can see what I need. Would you mind teribly snapping some up close shots around that area so I can see what I need to make or buy please? Would be an enormous help.
Thank you Sir.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #1646
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Gary,

If you can't find the right bracket, Bultear makes a pricey but nice one, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I think you could fab one that's similar, pretty easily.

Matt
alternatorbrace.jpg   serptest2.jpg   serptest1.jpg  
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #1647
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7
Gary,

If you can't find the right bracket, Bultear makes a pricey but nice one, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I think you could fab one that's similar, pretty easily.

Matt
Thanks Matt I just joined and bid on one on eBay. 50 bucks. There a big funky shaped bracket as well as the sliding adjuster one. The set up in your pictures looks similar to the way this one is/was only mine looks nicer
image-1517877199.jpg

My whole engine looks almost pretty as yours and MoCs if you squint.

image-1128819035.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #1648
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Hey Gary!

My 360 came with a/c so my brackets will different than if you have a non ac 360. On the a/c 360's the compressor shares a alt bracket. Here is what I have on the computer. If you need come closer let me know!

Got Rich's carb in the mail yesterday. I had a few minutes yesterday and today, got it installed and she is running like a champ as of this afternoon. Still have a short list and have not driven it yet. Likely will be Saturday before I have the time to get it on the road for the first time. Other than the oil leak I already knew about I found a ps leak at the pump connection today. Hope thats all the leaks buy Mr. Murphy likely has more in store for me.

Also talked to National today. The found another core and are building it. I am planing on swapping the National carb on when it comes just because its prettier and shinier.

Will post of a good video of her running this weekend.
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #1649
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

I'll tell you....having a jeep that doesn't leak is damn near impossible. I have changed out just about every seal and gasket that was ever leaking on my jeep, and then some. I recall that it DIDN'T leak for about a week. YAY!!

Well, that didn't last long...! So now, it has a couple of weep areas....and, for now, at least...they're gonna remain that way.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #1650
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixcj View Post
I'll tell you....having a jeep that doesn't leak is damn near impossible.
Dad's Scrambler was seeping from the valve cover the day he brought it home from the dealership.

When I first bought my Jeep I stopped in a shop and the guy there said "if a Jeep isn't leaking it means it's out of fluid"

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.