MoC's Build Thread - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MoC's Build Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #1606
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

There is also an adapter plate the goes under the carb between it and the manifold with a PVC connection. The older amc v'8s used one before they moved it to the carb itself. Don't know where to get one but eBay may be a starting point.

Unread 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #1607
ASteve
Web Wheeler

1972 CJ5 

MoC,

Like this?
carburetor-1.jpg  
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #1608
tonkatrucksryan
2014 JK Wrangler 

This is an amazing build!!! I just read through it all and I am subscribed!!!
tonkatrucksryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #1609
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Your better off with the Edelbrock 4bbl if you do decide to switch..Q-Jets have at times been known as Quadra-Junk.
CJ7ROB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #1610
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Your better off with the Edelbrock 4bbl if you do decide to switch..Q-Jets have at times been known as Quadra-Junk.
I guess that's why the Q-jet was produced for over 40 years, and it's widely considered GM's most popular carburetor.

Every carb has a derogatory nickname, usually given to them by someone who didn't know how to work on them.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #1611
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteve View Post
MoC,

Like this?
Yes sir, that looks like it.
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #1612
ASteve
Web Wheeler

1972 CJ5 

Matt,

Not to gang up on CJ7Rob, but I really can't stand someone saying something is junk without backing it up with factual information. Like you said, "every carb has a derogatory nickname, usually give to them by someone who didn't know how to work on them".

SC
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #1613
ASteve
Web Wheeler

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Yes sir, that looks like it.
This one is warped a little but could be machined or sanded down to be flat again. Do you need it. I've seen them around here and there for $50.00, but for you MoC it's free!

Here's another shot:

SC
carburetor-3.jpg  
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #1614
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Matt,

Not to gang up on CJ7Rob, but I really can't stand someone saying something is junk without backing it up with factual experiences. Like you said, "every carb has a derogatory nickname, usually give to them by someone who didn't know how to work on them".

SC
Had one on my Camaro & Olds, had different issues with them even after being professionally rebuilt. Like you say maybe it was the rebuilder or because they had been pretty old. Switched to new Edelbrock Performer 600cfm (#1406) on the Camaro with good results. There are lots of choices for carbs out there and your right they all probably have received a derogatory name at sometime.
CJ7ROB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #1615
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I would honestly love to run a Quadra-flog if I knew how to set them up right. I hear that is the biggest issue, they are a pain to fine tune.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #1616
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
This one is warped a little but could be machined or sanded down to be flat again. Do you need it. I've seen them around here and there for $50.00, but for you MoC it's free!

Here's another shot:

SC
Thanks so much Steve, that is a really generous offer and I appreciate it!!!

I will let you know if end up needing it, still have hope that I will be staying with the 2150.
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #1617
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Sure have. BTW you can tell the differance between the Ford 2100 and the AMC 2100 by the bases. The Fords have a 1/2 moon shape on the back side and the AMC's are square.

Also in your picture... The green is a manifold vac source however it was not factory for the dizzy vac advance. The factory advance was ported not manifold. The green on that carb was origanlly a manifold vac source for the choke pull off. The one in the top of your picture on the "disk" was one of the choke tube connections, the capped on with a black plug on the side by the choke was ported for the canister purge, and the one by the mixture screews was the ported for the dizzy. The little hole below the two yellow circles that is recessed in the Pocket area is where the power valve pulls its manifold vac through. Some of the newer 2150's, dont remember the year break, dont have that little hole but have a nipple on the cover that has to be connected to a manifold vac source.

Let me know if you want more info

BTW, Just messing with you Scotty!

Quote:
Well he was asking for it Bill.

Love you Scott! BTW you didn't call back today. ..... and I thought we were friends....
I didn't call because I had to work. Probably be Thursday before I have the chance. I have a job interview Thursday morning, and then swap out Clay's gear box, then work again from 5-9 at AZ. I MAY be able to fit you in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Great MoC, now he won't be "right" for weeks.

Bill
More truth than fiction in that statement, Bill!!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #1618
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Man Scott and I thought I was busy!! Good luck on the interview and talk to you when soon!
Unread 03-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #1619
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Man Scott and I thought I was busy!! Good luck on the interview and talk to you when soon!
Interview tomorrow morning, and another one Friday morning. Either job should be MUCH better than what I'm doing now. Keep me in your thoughts, please.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #1620
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Interview tomorrow morning, and another one Friday morning. Either job should be MUCH better than what I'm doing now. Keep me in your thoughts, please.
Right on bro. Call or text me this weekend, let me know how it goes. I was thinking about getting a job myself...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.