I then pulled the input shaft support housing out the back.
Then I removed the bolts out of the front and rear bearing cap. It was around this point that I realized that they were not coming out without pretty much breaking it down. I pulled the intermediate gear shaft next.
After that pulled the intermediate gear, needle bearings, bearing spacers, and thrust washers. At this point I decided to put on the brakes and stop. My plan originally was not to rebuilt since everything was in good shape just seals and gaskets. All the bearings looked good.
The thrust washers looked good to.
Plus I only had the seal and gasket kit and not the rebuilt kit so I decided to put it all back together without using the paper gaskets and just using some sealant.
Cleaned up the input shaft support housing, removed the old oil seal, installed the new one, put on some goop, and sealed it back up.
Next on to the rear bearing cap. Pulled it as far off of the tcase as it would come. Cleaned the surfaces really good and wiped down with brake cleaner. Applied the goop, tightened it down, removed the old oil seal, and installed the new one.
Next on to the front bearing cap, same as the rear. Pulled it as far off of the tcase as it would come. Cleaned the surfaces really good and wiped down with brake cleaner. Applied the goop, tightened it down, removed the old oil seal, and installed the new one.
After all that reinstalled the needle bearings and spacers in the intermediate gear.
Put the thrust washers in the case, dropped in the intermediate gear, and installed the intermediate gear shaft.
The tcase was a lot of work that I put my self through, only if I have done a little reading and discovered no way to change the paper seals without taking do much apart....
So after my goop dries I am going to spray out the inside of the tcase really good and install the bottom cover and gasket and shifter oil seal. After that the tcase its off to paint and the final reassembly.