Mixed up lifters - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mixed up lifters

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #16
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowners View Post
Also, It says that this cam is not for fuel injection. Why is that? I 'm planning on doing the "junkyard" TBI conversion. Can I still use this cam?
No, the cams have different settings for FI and carb, same for a non computer engine and computer engine and non EGR and EGR engines. Your distributor advance curve is also tuned to your cam. There is a way to easily change the advance curve on it to match up with a hot cam. JeepHammer has posted the method many times.

Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
Sundowners
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
JeepHammer has posted the method many times.

Thanks, I'll do a search to see if I can find it.

B
Sundowners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #18
fredrok
1985 CJ7 

The FI cams have essentially less overlap and slightly different lobe centers. (read: valve timing)

If the engine wasn't already torn down, you could get away with a carb cam. They just aren't as efficient as the set up could be.

I'm using Comp Cams 68-232-4 for fuel injection. Outside of a Hesco or lesser known grinder, it's pretty much the only F.I. option from a mass grinder.

MOPAR P5249464 Valve springs
MOPAR P4529218 Valve Keepers
MOPAR P4452032 Spring Retainers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.