Mirrors-YJ 3 bolt to CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mirrors-YJ 3 bolt to CJ

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 05-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
ferday
1981 CJ7 

Mirrors-YJ 3 bolt to CJ

I've searched and yes, there are a lot of threads on this...but I can't find the answer I need

The PO used YJ hard doors, with the 3 bolt YJ mirrors. I ordered some 2 piece soft doors and want my mirrors back, but would like to keep the YJ mirrors if possible (most of the jeep is '81 CJ)

There are many different relocation brackets, problem is none are available from Canada, have to order from the USA. I want to make sure I get the right brackets as shipping is not cheap

If anyone can point me to the correct brackets that would be awesome, I think these are what I want but anyone who can confirm I will be grateful

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Exterior-Par...&t_pn=KEN30533

Even better...if someone has these brackets they want to part with, the cheapest shipping quote I've gotten is $30 so let's make a deal

EDIT: since this thread is still getting views, the above brackets are the correct ones to get YJ mirrors onto your CJ. They will require some mirror extensions if you want them to sit like stock door mount mirrors, the brackets place them roughly where the CJ factory mirrors sit (hard to see but functional). They will vibrate a lot, some rubber washers seem to help this problem greatly!

Last edited by ferday; 05-18-2013 at 02:31 AM..
ferday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.