This might be of interest to some of you CJ owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > This might be of interest to some of you CJ owners

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-02-2004, 07:52 AM   #1
Saturdaynight

This might be of interest to some of you CJ owners

Hi all,

This link is about a Jeep that I might be getting this weekend. I was first told it was an 89 YJ but It's actually an 82 CJ 7 that is being sold for $500. The body is in pretty bad shape but everything is function. I'm not sure about the condition of interior and things like that but It has a hard top and I've been told that the CJ hard top will fit my YJ, which is something I've been interested in.

I'm also curious if the axels are compatible with my YJ since I have some concerns about my rear axel.

Anything that I don't use, I would probably sell off and that's why I am posting here.

I'm going to see it tomorrow morning and I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance.

When everything is official, look for a for sale posting sometime soon. I'll be parting it out.

Let knowledge guide the way, not ignorance. Tread Lightly & Know your state auto regulations.
Saturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
390fastback
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The 82 CJ7 would have an AMC20 rear, which is pretty stout IF you upgrade to 1 peice axles. Otherwise its iffy. Also the bolt patter is different. The CJ will be 5x5.5 whereas you will have 5x4.5 on the YJ. I can't remember when they switched over to the wide axel, 82 or 83.

If it were me, a CJ for $500 is probably worth it even if the body is rotted all to hell. Grab it and part it or build it.
68 Wildcat (also in progress)
68 International 1200 4x4
78 F150 4x4 400 4spd
390fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
Saturdaynight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390fastback
The 82 CJ7 would have an AMC20 rear, which is pretty stout IF you upgrade to 1 peice axles. Otherwise its iffy. Also the bolt patter is different. The CJ will be 5x5.5 whereas you will have 5x4.5 on the YJ. I can't remember when they switched over to the wide axel, 82 or 83.

If it were me, a CJ for $500 is probably worth it even if the body is rotted all to hell. Grab it and part it or build it.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.
Let knowledge guide the way, not ignorance. Tread Lightly & Know your state auto regulations.
Saturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.