Mesh or solid bikini top? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mesh or solid bikini top?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 08-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #31
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
what seats do you have? I'm 6'4", and don't have that problem

Hoss
I can rub my head on mine sometimes. lol get it?

Nah but seriously Im 6'1" and I have bestop seats.

SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #32
JeePete
1983 CJ7 

Seats w/ bikini....?

To be honest, I have no idea what seats are in it. I bought it as is. I was under the assumption that they were stock CJ seats. They are gray (waterproof type)....how would I tell? Also, they have the waterproof Okelee (sp?) seat covers. If it's any help, they both can be "levered" and launched forward for passengers to get in the rear seat.....

Thanks in advance
JeePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #33
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wooooah your drivers seat folds forward? That's nice. I wish mine did.
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #34
cj7geojeep
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoseph View Post

Hahaha I tripped out when I read that too! In my cj, only the passenger seat flips foward. He must of gotten the deluxe edition. Hahaha
cj7geojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #35
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

solid FTW rain stays out and less sun comes in!!
noah-cj.jpg  

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #36
86JeepCJ7
1986 CJ7 

Southern AZ - 330+ days of sun a year - nothing but a Solid Bikini Top for me.
86JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #37
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86JeepCJ7 View Post
Southern AZ - 330+ days of sun a year - nothing but a Solid Bikini Top for me.
Ohio - A few weeks of summer, a week each for Fall and Spring, the rest might as well be winter.. I want to enjoy the sun as much as possible when it's here..

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #38
titomars
1981 CJ7 

i have an old school (straps) Bestop bikini top on my cj7 i am in northern Calif. actually the mesh top sounds pretty good i might have to try one. hey both my seats flip forward. i have installed Corbeau Baja R/S's in mine. they are awesome for me. i am 6-4 not a problem for my head and the R/S's sit me up about an inch higher too.
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #39
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
In the '87-'90 model YJ's, the driver's seat riser DOES tumble/fold forward. In '91 they used a seatback that tilted forward, while the riser stays stationary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7geojeep View Post
Hahaha I tripped out when I read that too! In my cj, only the passenger seat flips foward. He must of gotten the deluxe edition. Hahaha
I was under the impression that both front seats in the newer CJ models do flip forward. Maybe you have '91 or newer YJ seat risers?
Either way, the Bestop brand replacement seat risers for CJ & YJ models have the tumble/fold feature for both front seats, in case anyone is interested.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #40
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Either way, the Bestop brand replacement seat risers for CJ & YJ models have the tumble/fold feature for both front seats, in case anyone is interested.

Max
I have bestop seats in mine from the PO. I can only assume he used the bestop risers also. My driver seat only leans forward via the turn dial, the base doesn't move like the passenger seat. I do have some extra parts for the seats but it's not a foldable base. Thanks for the info though max.

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #41
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have bestop seats in mine from the PO. I can only assume he used the bestop risers also. My driver seat only leans forward via the turn dial, the base doesn't move like the passenger seat. I do have some extra parts for the seats but it's not a foldable base. Thanks for the info though max.
I don't believe he did, based on your description. The Bestop seats are designed to work the the original risers, and being as there is no tumble/fold feature, my money would bet that the risers are OE models.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #42
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
I don't believe he did, based on your description. The Bestop seats are designed to work the the original risers, and being as there is no tumble/fold feature, my money would bet that the risers are OE models.

Max
Damn PO. I know that's not the first time that's ever been said. Nor will it be the last.

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #43
Hellions

Go with the solid top. If you get into an unexpected rain storm it will keep the bottom of your right ear completely dry.
1982 Jeep CJ7 +4". 360 w/Edelbrock Performer Intake and Holley Truck Avenger carb. T18/D300 (Advance Adaptors). Hedman inframes. CV Driveshafts. Dana 44 w/Locker. American Racing Stics 5 on 33/12.50 Cooper rubber. Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers. Bushwacker flares. YJ family cage and ORF spreaders.
Hellions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #44
spicoli69
1983 CJ7 

Does anybody know who makes a mesh bikini top with the strapless design for a CJ? I don't have or want rear footman loops.
spicoli69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #45
wingedmare
1981 CJ5 

I run the strapless solid on my cj5 and love it. But, out here in the desert I need that little bit of shade or I will be crispy in a heart beat. Where you are in Ohio however I would go with the mesh if any. We ran our cj7 all summer topless when we lived back there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.