Meh, just wheel it..CJ build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Meh, just wheel it..CJ build

Road Race Motorsports Fuel Calibrator for the 2007-2011 JKIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #76
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

I worked on upgrading the heater blower today. It sucks because the heater fan is inside the cab, so the pm102 fan is spinning the wrong direction, but still a huge upgrade in air volume.I unbolted the original panel, unbolted the fan, and enlarged the mounting hole to let the nose of the motor fit through. I used the squirrel cage from a different fan, I'll get some dimensions and part numbers when I take it back apart to seal it.

OldCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #77
Mace350
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome Jeep, just read through the thread.
Mace350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #78
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace350 View Post
Awesome Jeep, just read through the thread.
Thank you, sir.
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #79
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Heater fan upgrade. I drilled a hole in the box and added a resistor assembly to control fan speed. For those playing the home game, the correct part # for the under-dash fan is PM 113 from Autozone. Counter-clockwise rotation, from an early 90's S-10. I ground the flat spot on the shaft to bring the fan as close to the mounting plate as possible. I still had to shim the mounting plate away from the heater box about 1/8 of an inch. Unbelievable the amount of air this thing pushes! I also added a fan speed resistor for high and low speeds. If I change to a four position switch I could use both coils and have 3 speeds.

Unread 10-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #80
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Cut and spliced dash to move the glove box to clear roll bar. Still using an old motorcycle battery box mounted on the dash for dry storage. Cell phone, smokes and mp3 player go in there. No radio, but the cord draped over the box goes to the amp mounted under the driver's side seat.

Unread 10-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #81
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Good looking Jeep, I love when they are more purposeful than pretty. Looking forward to more.
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #82
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroungerLee View Post
Good looking Jeep, I love when they are more purposeful than pretty. Looking forward to more.
Like Red Green said, if women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. The same with Jeeps, I guess.
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #83
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

I also cut down an old ammo box to replace the paper glove box, and cut down some old universal choke cables to replace the broken heater cables.
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #84
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

I guess I didn't post it before, but I used two rear seats with sliders from a Chevy Venture van in the back. I'll get some pics of the mounts I made later.
Unread 12-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #85
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

The grille lights are stop tail and turn lights from a truck supplier in Burton, MI. I had to enlarge the openings in the grille to make them fit.

Unread 12-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #86
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

I got the LEDs in finally. I'm still working on getting the old steel top restored and installed.
Unread 12-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #87
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Unread 12-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #88
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Kinda confused now. The steel top I am restoring for the 74 is definitely a Kelly Steel top, with the indents in the side walls and the forward-angled area above the windshield, like the one in post 13 here http://www.jeepz.com/forum/cj-yj-tj-...steel-cab.html . The other top I have on my 78 is shaped the same, but with no indents (maybe just a production change?). Anyone know?
Unread 12-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #89
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Blah blah. Hibbity hooplah! Just thought I'd say that.
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #90
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

I have no lift gate to go with this top, so I used the measurements from the other one I have to fab one up. One of the lift supports I have is bad, so I'm thinking of using something like these. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=853922_0_0_

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.