Mechanical Clutch Linkage Question from a Newbie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mechanical Clutch Linkage Question from a Newbie

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
83VACJ7
1982 CJ7 

Mechanical Clutch Linkage Question from a Newbie

OK I guess I am having a brain fart but my linkage keeps disconnecting at the bell house crank fork. (This is the 3rd time in a year) last time I thought that I had done it correctly as it worked until today(about 6 month) I have re installed the bushing and am having a hard time getting the retention clip on. Does it just sit over the top of the rod in the groove?

Also I see alot of discussion about a 3rd spring in the linkage that holds the linkage tight against the bell crank housing. I can't find any reference to it in any of my repair manuals?????? Anyone have a p/n or info on this?

Thanks

83VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.