MD Juan has folded! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MD Juan has folded!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

MD Juan has folded!

I am looking for some body parts for a scrambler or two we are working on. My neighbour at work is from Manila and got his contacts to go looking for Jeep body parts manufacturers. They told him that MD Juan has shut up shop. However the son of MD is or is going to carry on in some form.
Should hear back tomorrow on things over there but they assure me so far that there are other body part builders which do a much better job than MD Juan ever did. Interesting stuff I think.
Just thought I'd share this if anyone's looking for the same bits.

Quote from a friend:
"How many jeeps do you actually want?
That however was a silly question because we already know the answer is all of them!"
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Interesting. Keep us posted please.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

I'd like to hear more on this too. I do know that I went to look at the MD Juan website a couple days ago and the main page would come up but nothing else was working.

Edit: I found that they have a Facebook page. It appears there's plenty of recent posting there so I'm not so sure that there's much truth to them going under. I put a post there to see if I get any replies.

2nd Edit: They replied on the Facebook page saying that it's not true.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Hmm more investigation pending. They have recently replied to my email so I guess I have to go smack my philippino neighbour. I hope it's not true of course.

Quote from a friend:
That however was a silly question because we already know the answer is all of them!"
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

We're alive! We're ALIVE!
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

I knew that was a rumor!

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I was wondering, considering that busy thread about upgrades and such for the company... I figured it would have had to have been a drastic event for them to close so quickly..

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
We're alive! We're ALIVE!
My apologies Rommel you clearly are very much alive and doing well which is great. Where this came from was my Neighbour who is philippino and when I asked him to get his people to go visit your factory and look at getting parts for us the report came back that you'd shut up shop.
I found it weird myself.
Should have kept my big pie hole shut.
Once again I am sorry for any upset this has caused

Quote from a friend:
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Way to go, Gary, thanks for the heart attack!

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Well we did close our sales office in Pasay City in 2006 or so. We moved everything to our factory. So they might've meant that.
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
Moparmandjh
1977 CJ7 

Maybe he meant "MD Juan has folded sheet metal"
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Moparmandjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
Always2L8
1982 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
I am looking for some body parts for a scrambler or two we are working on. My neighbour at work is from Manila and got his contacts to go looking for Jeep body parts manufacturers. They told him that MD Juan has shut up shop. However the son of MD is or is going to carry on in some form.
Should hear back tomorrow on things over there but they assure me so far that there are other body part builders which do a much better job than MD Juan ever did. Interesting stuff I think.
Just thought I'd share this if anyone's looking for the same bits.
Twofer post to Gazzo and RommelJUAN:

Gazzo, Is there a way you could ask the forum gods to delete this post? The reason I'm putting this forth, is that once an unfounded internet rumor gets started, it propagates to ridiculous levels. The cat may already be out of the bag. You have clearly stated in other posts that you were given and presented wrong information regarding the liquidity of MD JUAN.

I do not endorse censorship. But with the freedom of expression, comes responsibility. You have stepped up to the plate (oops, US baseball reference) and retracted the information. But this post, over the last several days, keeps popping up. See below:

RommelJuan,

I believe that your outreach and concern as to the improvement of your product is great marketing strategy. Refreshing and much appreciated.

But.... By posting to this older thread, you wake up sleeping dogs.

I realize that this is controversial, and am hesitating to press the "submit button" . If I do, please take it as one persons constructive opinion.

Good Luck
Always2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #14
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always2L8

Twofer post to Gazzo and RommelJUAN:

Gazzo, Is there a way you could ask the forum gods to delete this post? The reason I'm putting this forth, is that once an unfounded internet rumor gets started, it propagates to ridiculous levels. The cat may already be out of the bag. You have clearly stated in other posts that you were given and presented wrong information regarding the liquidity of MD JUAN.

I do not endorse censorship. But with the freedom of expression, comes responsibility. You have stepped up to the plate (oops, US baseball reference) and retracted the information. But this post, over the last several days, keeps popping up. See below:

RommelJuan,

I believe that your outreach and concern as to the improvement of your product is great marketing strategy. Refreshing and much appreciated.

But.... By posting to this older thread, you wake up sleeping dogs.

I realize that this is controversial, and am hesitating to press the "submit button" . If I do, please take it as one persons constructive opinion.

Good Luck
Thought that myself yesterday and Im onto it. Touché.

Quote from a friend:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.