MC2150 Install/Idle issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MC2150 Install/Idle issues

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Geer_hed

MC2150 Install/Idle issues

Note: This thread has been mirrored at JU here.

Well it's on there, but it won't start and I'm out of time to mess with it today. I'm hoping some of you can look over these sketches and maybe point out something if you think it would prevent the engine from starting.

Observations:
1) Choke doesn't open. Ran switched 12v and after 20+ mins, choke still closed. It got hot, but didn't open primary plate. need to work on that.

2) If the gas pedal is held to the floor, the engine will try to start. I tried adjusting the mix screws 2 turns out of closed, 3 turns, and 4 turns. It didn't seem to make an impact.

3) There's only one carb component still unplugged (capped currently), and Derm identified it in this thread. Any negative implications there?

4) I'm still running the OEM jeep filter. Should I be? Perhaps too much restriction? Looks like:

Vacuum setup:

TIA ppl...

Unread 07-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
ollietonk
1986 CJ7 

I'm running the 2100 (not sure how close it is to the 2150) and it looks like pretty much the same set up. I'm using a manual choke because I wasn't handy enough to make the electric one work the way it needed to.

When I 1st installed it, I capped all the vacuum lines off and removed the choke plate for the 1st start. I think I had the dist. advance hooked up for some reason and then just pumped the gas about 10 times to get fuel into the bowl. After start up, a few adjustments of the idle screw and the fabbed linkage got the idle down and then I hooked up the rest of the lines.

I'll run outside and see where all those went on mine.
Unread 07-23-2005, 07:17 PM   #3
ollietonk
1986 CJ7 

I just took a look and it looks pretty much the same. I'm running the vac advance to your #2 port on the front and the port on the side to the CTO. Not sure if it is correct but I think they are both ported vac. I am actually using both fuel filters, the stock and the brass one that fits directly into the front of the carb. I ran out of hose during the install and didn't have enough if I didn't use the inline filter. It runs fine and just have not gotten around to removing it. Not sure if any of this helps but let me know if I can help. Good luck
Unread 07-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Geer_hed

I might have to go back and try it again the way you did yours. I'm going to end up backing up one step at a time until I'm back at just the carb trying to start it.

You hooked your distributor advance up to the Power Valve?!? That can't be right..

probably just my sketch throwing you off there. It's pictured in this pic, below the accelerator valve and between it and the inline fuel filter:

Good to know that the dual filters don't restrict the fuel too much. Thanks for verifying my vacuum with yours. That's half the battle...
Unread 07-24-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
ollietonk
1986 CJ7 

Yeah, looks like my dist. is routed to your #1 position (under the linkage that I think controls the accelerator pump) I might move mine to where you have yours. They both seem to be ported vac but mine has hose around the front of the carb and looks messy. Yours looks cleaner. Let us know how it goes,

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.